Powerful new tools, such as Timeline and Cinemachine, empower artists to create cinematic content and gameplay sequences without the need of an engineer. Creators can now spend more time doing, less time queueing.
For beginners, students and hobbyists who want to explore and get started with Unity. Completely free — no royalties, no credit card required You fully own any content you create
Everything you need to get started
Unity Personal is a great place for beginners and hobbyists to get started. It includes access to all core game engine features, continuous updates, beta releases, and all publishing platforms.
Move efficiently from prototyping to full production with a truly flexible editor and intuitive workflows supported by tons of tutorials and ready-made assets to guide your learning and development.
Work with the latest
Continuous updates allow you to develop with all the latest and most advanced features for high-end visuals, audio, animation, physics — everything you need to make any kind of game.
Build for all audiences
Target more devices more easily — with Unity, you can build once and deploy to the largest range of mobile, VR, desktop, Web, Console and TV platforms in the industry with a single click.
- XR: Update Vuforia to version 7.5.26.
- Android: Fixed crash on Android 9. (1102065)
- Editor: Fixed function keys incorrectly producing characters within input fields. (1057122)
- Editor: Fixed issue with precompiled managed assemblies (.dlls) in the Assets folder getting loaded twice on startup, causing two InitializeOnLoad calls where Unity API calls such as AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath would fail in the first InitializeOnLoad. Now there is only one first InitializeOnLoad call and Unity APIs work as expected. (1060352)
- GI: Fixed Reflection Probe cubemaps being reimported if the user selects the same Lightmap Encoding quality setting. (1067156)
- GI: Fixed rendering artifacts when GPU instancing and real-time GI are used together. (1053521)
- Graphics: Fixed crash when loading asset bundle built from an older unity version. (1078602)
- Graphics: Fixed RGBA4444 texture support when using OpenGL ES. (1077689, 1079024)
- IL2CPP: Fixed the marshalling of char arrays to be two byte characters when CharSet.Unicode is used. This corrects the behavior of some Windows Registry assemblies. (1086670)
- IMGUI: Fixed script recompilation not happening on OSX.
- IMGUI: Fixed Unity Editor no longer automatically unlocking assembly reload. (960397)
- iOS: Fixed VideoPlayer.isPlaying returning true when the video is paused. (1086705)
- Package Manager: Fixed a "Failed to fetch versions information" error being displayed in Package Manager window for all unknown packages.
- Shuriken: Fixed Trails using the old position when a Move and Clear is performed. (1061683)
- Shuriken: Fixed Renderer.bounds returning the wrong bounds when multiple renderers were on the same GameObject. (1088716, 1090058)
- Timeline: Fixed issue when instantiating PlayableDirectors loaded from AssetBundles losing ExposedReference names. (1082467)
- VR: Fixed tracking issues with PSVR HMD.
- Vulkan: Fixed editor crash when entering playmode from paused mode with profiler window open. (1082921)
Apps similar to Unity 2
Unreal Engine is now free. Free for game development. Free for Virtual Reality. Free for education. Free for architecture. Free for film.