Powerful new tools, such as Timeline and Cinemachine, empower artists to create cinematic content and gameplay sequences without the need of an engineer. Creators can now spend more time doing, less time queueing.
For beginners, students and hobbyists who want to explore and get started with Unity. Completely free — no royalties, no credit card required You fully own any content you create
Everything you need to get started
Unity Personal is a great place for beginners and hobbyists to get started. It includes access to all core game engine features, continuous updates, beta releases, and all publishing platforms.
Move efficiently from prototyping to full production with a truly flexible editor and intuitive workflows supported by tons of tutorials and ready-made assets to guide your learning and development.
Work with the latest
Continuous updates allow you to develop with all the latest and most advanced features for high-end visuals, audio, animation, physics — everything you need to make any kind of game.
Build for all audiences
Target more devices more easily — with Unity, you can build once and deploy to the largest range of mobile, VR, desktop, Web, Console and TV platforms in the industry with a single click.
- Android: Fixed an application crash when an application is installed on SD card, and was built using app bundles. Also gradle.properties will now contain a new entry 'android.bundle.enableUncompressedNativeLibs=false'. (1181365, 1186614)
- Animation: Fixed a crash when reloading an animation controller from an asset bundle that references audio mixer groups. (1157753, 1193715)
- Asset Importers: Fixed an issue where animations from .blend files are not imported properly. (1117999, 1173914)
- Audio: Fixed a contention issue in the job system which could cause stalls. (1190586)
- Audio: Fixed an issue with resuming an audio source from pause when the source previously had a scheduled end time set. (1151637, 1193713)
- Audio: Fixed and issue with mixing when an audio mixer playable is set as the source for an audio playable output without specifying a traversal port. (1179486, 1193714)
- Editor: Fixed a crash when entering play mode after previewing a timeline with an audio track. (1162906, 1193716)
- Editor: Fixed a crash when importing videos on a machine with more than 16 cores.
- Editor: Fixed a NullReferenceException caused by null Editor shader after a domain reload. (1183719, 1194783)
- GI: Realtime GI is turned off on the 3D template Sample Scene.
- Graphics: Fixed an issue where Compiling would get stuck with LWRP. (1189637)
- IMGUI: Fixed the Inspector issue, so that it now displays the active game object information after applying changes to sprite entity. (1186194, 1191648)
- iOS: Automatically Sign setting in Editor and Xcode project is now in Sync, and the default Automatically Sign setting in Editor is now set to False. (1170274, 1179564)
- iOS: Fixed an issue where the keyboard could not be dismissed and keyboard input stopped after device sleep. (1187333, 1190318)
- Particles: Fixed internal engine bug causing an error message "In order to call GetTransformInfoExpectUpToDate, RendererUpdateManager.UpdateAll must be called first." (1191755, 1193544)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue when Timeline Window does not detect selected Timeline asset when double-clicking the asset. (1182159, 1187216)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue where Animation Events were fired twice when the Playable Director Wrap mode is set to Loop. (1173281, 1185451)
- Timeline: Repaint is called every frame when Timeline window is opened and a Playable Director is added to a GameObject (1172707, 1181762)
- Windows: Fixed a startup crash on machines running Windows 7 without Platform Update installed. (1191741, 1191775)
- XR: Fixed an issue where xr sdk would not launch "pre-awake" in editor. (1190255, 1193915)
- Asset Importers: Crash on Marshalling::OutMarshaller when TextureImporter.ReadTextureSettings argument is null (1187147)
- Graphics - General: Project crashes on opening in ShaderLab::IntShader::PostLoad(Shader*) (1184997)
- IMGUI: Overridden OnInspectorGUI method is not called when using [CustomEditor(typeof(DefaultAsset))] (1175246)
- Input: [Windows] IMGUI input doesn't work in builds when using preview InputSystem package (1183394)
- Mobile: Player Settings window becomes blank and starts spitting errors after going to Android Settings > Icon (1177292)
- Mono: Editor crashes at RtlEnterCriticalSection when the assembly is reloaded (1194176)
- Physics: Crash in physics PhysicsManager::Simulate (1122684)
- Physics: Crash on block_remove when changing mesh to Plane in Skinned Mesh Renderer while cloth component attached (1162918)
- Profiling: "Other" category is not shown in the player Profiler graph if a sample is not selected (1165477)
- Scene Management: Duplicated child nested prefab is not created in the same position (1157320)
- Scripting: [Templates] Clamp BlendShapes are set to true by default when creating new projects (1148638)
- Shuriken: Semaphore.WaitForSignal causes a slow editor when entering Play mode (1178300)
Recent Unity news
Apps similar to Unity 2
Unreal Engine is now free. Free for game development. Free for Virtual Reality. Free for education. Free for architecture. Free for film.