Powerful new tools, such as Timeline and Cinemachine, empower artists to create cinematic content and gameplay sequences without the need of an engineer. Creators can now spend more time doing, less time queueing.
For beginners, students and hobbyists who want to explore and get started with Unity. Completely free — no royalties, no credit card required You fully own any content you create
Everything you need to get started
Unity Personal is a great place for beginners and hobbyists to get started. It includes access to all core game engine features, continuous updates, beta releases, and all publishing platforms.
Move efficiently from prototyping to full production with a truly flexible editor and intuitive workflows supported by tons of tutorials and ready-made assets to guide your learning and development.
Work with the latest
Continuous updates allow you to develop with all the latest and most advanced features for high-end visuals, audio, animation, physics — everything you need to make any kind of game.
Build for all audiences
Target more devices more easily — with Unity, you can build once and deploy to the largest range of mobile, VR, desktop, Web, Console and TV platforms in the industry with a single click.
- 2D: ((com.unity.2d.animation) Allow reordering of bone order in Bone Influence window. This is to allow fine tuning of bone order when shown in SpriteSkin's Inspector
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.animation) Improved deformation performance when Collection and Burst package is installed
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.psdimporter) Improve PSD file import performance
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.spriteshape) Added warning when a valid SpriteShape profile is not set.
- Editor: Allow Hash128 parsing to be done in a managed thread.
- Mobile: Update verified package Adaptive Performance and Samsung provider to 1.1.6
- Profiler: Hierarchy and Timeline view no longer display frame data while profiling unless "Live" toggle is pressed, reducing the Editor Overhead while profiling Edit or Play Mode.
- Shaders: UNITY_OLD_PREPROCESSOR macro is now defined for all shader stages except for ray tracing.
- Mobile: Adaptive Performance - Fix Analytics system error with unloaded subsystem.
- Mobile: Adaptive Performance Samsung Provider - GameSDK 3.2 has a different behaviour when setting frequency levels and warning level 2 (throttling) is reached and you are always in control of the CPU/GPU level.
- Mobile: Adaptive Performance Samsung Provider - GameSDK 3.2 uses a wider range of temperature levels and maximum temperature level is changed to level 10.
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.animation) Fixed bone name field in weight slider does not display bone name (1226249)
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.animation) Fixed SpriteResolver's Inspector not updated when GameObject is disabled
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.psdimporter) Fix crash on importing huge PSD files
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.psdimporter) Fix error when importing PSB files with 32-bit color
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.psdimporter) Fix metafile not updated when reimporting
- 2D: (com.unity.2d.psdimporter) Fix PSD import issues with PSD file without unique layer id
- Asset Pipeline: Fixed issue where searching did find asset, when mono script class was renamed (either class name or namespace). Only fixed for asset database v2. (1068482)
- Asset Pipeline: Fixed issue with current revision removed in initial script refresh (1236166)
- Asset Pipeline: Fixes issue with sprite renaming and the UI not reloading to show the renaming (1215564)
- Asset Pipeline: Optimized Project Browser in Two Column mode when a change happens to the AssetDatabase (added/removed/updated assets). (1228345)
- Build Pipeline: Added support for baked collision mesh writing in the Scriptable Build Pipeline. (1234924)
- CodeEditor: Built-in attributes for JetBrains Annotations have been modernized and include all new annotations (minus ASP/Razor attributes which have no relevance to Unity).For more info on these attributes, see https://www.jetbrains.com/help/resharper/Code_Analysis__Code_Annotations.html. (1208183)
- Core: Graphics Reduced CPU spikes on mobile platforms in SkinMeshRenderer when GPU skinning is disabled
- Editor: Fixed rare crash when closing down the editor or player showing (StackAllocatorPool::ClearMainThreadFallback) in the stack trace. (1241885)
- Editor: Fixed the Dropdown null exception issue in Playmode. (1222714)
- Editor: Optimize usage of player connection when transfering test results. (1229200)
- Editor: Removed HideFlags.DontSaveInEditor or HideFlags.DontSaveInBuild restriction on Scene Visibility. (1217361)
- Editor: The dll and project level of the tree view should now correctly show the results when running tests in a player. (1197026)
- Graphics: Fixed 'task.rasterData.vertexBuffer == NULL' errors when using a Particle System (1226357)
- Graphics: Closing the dialogue box instead of pressing a button now no longer discards the changes restart the editor when switching graphics API. (1240813)
- Graphics: Fix a race condition when using Dynamic Batching and Graphics Jobs together. (1221653)
- Graphics: Fixed issue where a Canvas in Screen space camera mode has a 0 height when a non standard custom projection matrix is set. (1203097)
- Graphics: Fixed issue with Hash128.u64_1 returning an invalid value
- Graphics: Fixed issue with transparent backfaces rendered in HDRP even when not requested. (1234662)
- Graphics: Fixes an issue where graphics settings were written to boot.config incorrectly. (1236936)
- Graphics: For StreamConnect, do not allow stream creation with Primary stream (1235981)
- Graphics: Higher precision compressed normals for GPU lightmapper. (1205301)
- iOS: Launch Images are no longer supported, as per new Apple guidelines (1194762)
- iOS: Stop .pdb files being added to non development XCode builds. (1232798)
- macOS: Fixed DllNotFoundException: libMonoPosixHelper.dylib in Mac Standalone build (1219335)
- Package Manager: Fixed an issue where npm authentication configuration was ignored when there was an extraneous slash at the end of the configured registry URL (1240995)
- Physics: Ensure that passing NULL to "Physics2D.GetIgnoreCollision()" issues an ArgumentNullException and not crash. (1239208)
- Physics: Fix an issue where using huge numbers of vertex or paths in a PolygonCollider2D, EdgeCollider2D or CompositeCollider2D would cause a stack overflow. (1212015)
- Profiler: Corrects errors when switching between connected player and editor due to unfinished profiler frame being processed. (1181306)
- Profiler: Fixed 'Current Frame' button looking interactable when it's not. (1225682)
- Profiler: Fixed alignment of sorting arrow being different on Overview vs Show Calls. (1226605)
- Profiler: Fixed GPU Profiler Module Warning icon tool-tip not appearing. (1225376)
- Profiler: Fixed inability to select reoccurring samples in Raw Hierarchy. (1093368)
- Profiler: Fixed networking charts drawing out of bounds. (1058920)
- Profiler: Fixed View Type Dropdown of the CPU Module disappearing when switching to Hierarchy View without data to display. (1223740)
- Scripting: Remove overwritten ReferenceOutputAssembly from project reference for Visual Studio project generation (1243277)
- Security: Fixed UNET vulnerabilities. (CVE-2020-12630, CVE-2020-12631)
- Serialization: Fix complex values in map when writing json (1224760)
- Serialization: Fix error message when error is found during load of serialized asset (1228574)
- UI: Fix issue with Scrollbar::ClickRepeat that was using the same PointEventData over multiple frames. (1193571)
- Version Control: Fix Checkout() APIs for non-asset-database-aware files (1241289)
- Version Control: Fix context menu for Assets folder in Project window. (1233595)
- Version Control: Fixed EditorSceneManager.SaveScene API in some cases overwriting files that are read-only (e.g. remote exclusive checkout in Perforce).
- Video: Reorganized looping logic to avoid frame reordering that was leading to confusion when deciding what frame is closest to current player clock time. (1198586)
- XR: Fix bug where XR will stop functioning after any new packages are installed or scripts are modified. (1223574)
- XR: Fixes a perf issue when using vulkan and xr sdk. results in a perf gain of ~4 ms on the GPU. (1206999)
- XR: Update XR Management verified package to 3.2.10. (1239046)
- 2D: Entering / leaving Play mode results in long wait times when a specific prefab with Grid / Tilemap components is in the scene (1240640)
- Animation: [macOS] Inconsistent crash in objc_msgSend/objc_retain when previewing Animations with Animator window open (1242026)
- Asset Import Pipeline: Importing project freezes on 'Initial Asset Database Refresh' when there's a meta file containing big amount of user data (1241933)
- Asset Import Pipeline: Unity YAML Upgrading project to 2019.3 Asset Database V2 makes the project crash on startup (1228192)
- Asset Importers: It is possible to select "None (Object)" from the Material list in Model Importer Material Editor and Apply it (1243020)
- Audio: Editor crashes on changing 'System Sample Rate' when Audio track preview is being played in Timeline window (1232743)
- Audio: [Windows] Editor uses one CPU Logical Processor at 100% while the game is in Pause Mode (1219619)
- Global Illumination: Unity crashing when baking lights and generating light UV (1118524)
- Global Illumination: [OSX][GPUPLM]OS Kernel Panic crash with 'Thread may have been prematurely finalized' after baking the scene with AMD GPU (1160419)
- Global Illumination: [PLM] Baking stalls after disabling/enabling static gameobject (1144403)
- Global Illumination: [PLM] Progressive Lightmapper stuck in an infinite loop with Progressive Updates and Auto-Generate On (1245087)
- Global Illumination: [macOS] BugReporter doesn't get invoked when the project crashes (1219458)
- Global Illumination: gi::InitializeManagers() takes 0.6s during Editor startup (1162775)
- Graphics - General: Mesh API calls causes slowdown in Play Mode (1233944)
- Graphics - General: [Performance Regression] AssetBundleLoadAllAssets - Load_Prefabs_AllAssets is significantly slower than 18.4 (1203512)
- Graphics - General: [Performance Regression] AssetBundleLoadSingleAssets : LoadAsync_Prefabs_SingleAssets is significantly slower than 18.4 (1203511)
- IAP: Disabling and re-enabling IAP in services window throws multiple errors about failing to find assemblies (1193774)
- IAP: Unity purchasing gives error on project upgrade due to failing to find UnityEngine.UI assembly (1193773)
- IL2CPP: CIL Linker fails when there are many Scenes in build (1240780)
- IMGUI: Editor crashes on StageUtility::IsGameObjectRenderedByCameraAndPartOfEditableScene when calling Undo.PerformUndo() method (1242926)
- Linux: [Editor] Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel") always returns 0 when Cursor.lockState is set to CursorLockMode.Locked (1219781)
- Linux: Editor freezes when capturing a Player snapshot through Memory Profiler (1244421)
- Linux: Selection frame drawn in Scene view when a GameObject is selected while Alt and left mouse buttons are pressed (1239227)
- MacOS: Editor is leaking memory when Aura Camera component is attached to a GameObject in the scene and Aura preview is enabled (1229502)
- MacOS: Unity kernel crashes Mac with OpenGL when only Intel Graphics are present (1225380)
- MacOS: [HDRP][macOS] Unity crashes when changing Device to Use setting from Automatic to Intel GPU (1242057)
- MacOS: [Mac] Build support modules fail to install when downloading them using "Open Download Page" button in Builds Settings (1219284)
- MacOS: [macOS] Editor crashes when trying to access audio capture devices (1227607)
- MacOS: [macOS] Mac crashes when opening the project with m_APIs under WindowsStandaloneSupport with only integrated Iris GPU (1232673)
- Mono: Crash with various stack traces when exiting Play Mode after recompiling scripts (1238859)
- OpenGL: Crash on BufferManagerGLES::AcquireBuffer when in Play Mode (1230566)
- Package: Errors are Constantly thrown when Active Input Handling is set to Input System Package (1176974)
- Profiling: Standalone profiler doesn't draw properly (1244345)
- Scene Management: Prefab Variant Transform fileId changes (1238280)
- Scene Management: Prefabs lose their values if scripts are removed then reintroduced (1216914)
- Scripting: [SerializeReference] non-serialized Initialized fields lose their values when entering and during play mode. (1193322)
- Scripting: [SerializedField] fields produce "Field is never assigned to..." warning (1080427)
- Shaders: ShaderUtil.GetAllShaderInfo() function doesn't return errors from Surface shader functions (1248017)
- Themes: Components of a gameObject are not displayed in Inspector if its tag is deleted (1240105)
- WebGL: Using XElement.Load(string uri) causes an uncaught abort exception when using dlopen() dynamic linking in Emscripten (1192963)
- WebGL: VideoPlayer is not rendered in WebGL builds when the video is loaded via URL (1188316)
- Windows: Cannot activate license within a docker container (1193364)
Software similar to Unity 5
The Unigine SDK allows the development of 3D graphics software for simulation, visualization, scientific research, video games, virtual reality systems and more.
Unreal Engine is now free. Free for game development. Free for Virtual Reality. Free for education. Free for architecture. Free for film.