Powerful new tools, such as Timeline and Cinemachine, empower artists to create cinematic content and gameplay sequences without the need of an engineer. Creators can now spend more time doing, less time queueing.
For beginners, students and hobbyists who want to explore and get started with Unity. Completely free — no royalties, no credit card required You fully own any content you create
Everything you need to get started
Unity Personal is a great place for beginners and hobbyists to get started. It includes access to all core game engine features, continuous updates, beta releases, and all publishing platforms.
Move efficiently from prototyping to full production with a truly flexible editor and intuitive workflows supported by tons of tutorials and ready-made assets to guide your learning and development.
Work with the latest
Continuous updates allow you to develop with all the latest and most advanced features for high-end visuals, audio, animation, physics — everything you need to make any kind of game.
Build for all audiences
Target more devices more easily — with Unity, you can build once and deploy to the largest range of mobile, VR, desktop, Web, Console and TV platforms in the industry with a single click.
- Android: Fixed the floating point render target on Android 4. (1149616, 1177515)
- Animation: Fixed a crash that was introduced due to a missing null check. (1168299, 1173429)
- Asset Import: Fixed UI refresh issue after clicking 'search and remap' in materials tab of ModelImporter. (1151346, 1175883)
- Build Pipeline: Storing the list of Resources that are meant for the player only. (1174623, 1174624)
- Graphics: Fixed an issue with the debug rendering happening out of BeginFrame/EndFrame on Dx12. (1162859, 1163518)
- Timeline: Fixed a precision error on the duration of infinite tracks. (1156723, 1180458)
- Timeline: Fixed an exception that was thrown when calling TrackAsset.CreateMarker() with a marker that implements INotification if the track does not support notifications. (1150248, 1180467)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue where copying clips without ExposedReferences causing the scene to dirty. (1144469, 1179709)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue where playhead was being moved when applying undo while recording. (1154802, 1180463)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue where the context menu for inline curves keys would not open on MacOS. (1158584, 1179711)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue where the duration mode was not reverting from "Fixed Length" to "Based On Clips" properly. (1154034, 1180456)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue where two GatherProperties call were made when switching between two PlayableDirectors. (1159036, 1160428)
- Timeline: Fixed an issue with minimum clip duration not being frame aligned. (1156602, 1180464)
- Timeline: Fixed the preview mode being reenabled when warnings change on tracks. (1151381, 1180466)
- Timeline: Fixed warnings about localEulerAnglesRaw when using RectTransform. (1151100, 1180462)
- UI Elements: Fixed an issue where Calling BindProperty on a PropertyField doesn't work as intended. (1174517, 1179375)
- UI Elements: Fixed an issue with the url() function in USS not working with paths containing space.
- Video: Fixed an issue where a seek to a non-zero frame and then immediately a seek to 0 would Video freezes for a while. (1162426, 1171140)
- Video: Fixed an issue where seeking forward and backwards in a video causes sound delays on Android. (1167452, 1171130)
- Windows: Fixes UnityWebRequest so it'll honor the network Proxy 'bypass list' from Windows configuration (1165762, 1177679)
- XR: Fixed a memory issue in HoloLens SurfaceObserver. (1176047, 1176063)
- XR: Fixed an incorrect early update ordering for Tango platforms (ARCore). (1175133, 1178432)
- Cloud Diagnostics: USYM_UPLOAD_AUTH_TOKEN is thrown in Xcode when the Project is built in BatchMode with -runTests and Cloud Diagnostics enabled (1167025)
- Facebook Gameroom: [Facebook] Editor throw errors related to SDK after Facebook support installation (1142442)
- Graphics - General: Editor is lagging when modifying material properties (1094991)
- IL2CPP: Build fails when compiling a struct with a long array inside it (1173310)
- Linux: Bugreporter is collecting Editor.log from wrong location for 2019.2.0a7+ (1176211)
- Mobile: [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes on 2019.1.0a12 and up on launch if old IL2CPP files from 2019.1.0a11 and below are backuped (1170543)
- Package Manager: The Package Manager UI does not refresh when you install or remove packages. (1148329, 1152868)
- Physics: Crash on block_remove when changing mesh to Plane in Skinned Mesh Renderer while cloth component attached (1162918)
- Physics: Plane with Cloth component is affected by high external force when in Play mode (1173813)
- Scene Management: 2019.3 and 2019.1 Unity versions are significantly slower when entering the play mode (1161373)
- Scene Management: Enabled Prefab is disabled after upgrading to Improved Prefabs (1138224)
- Scene Management: Transform::GetWorldToLocalMatrix crash during first import when accessing Components in Prefabs (1159905)
- Scripting: Handles.Disc function performance is very slow in Scene View (1165684)
- Scripting: [Android][Mono][IL2CPP] "Unable to find libc" error thrown when executing certain SslStream constructor (1022228)
- Scripting: [Templates] Clamp BlendShapes are set to true by default when creating new projects (1148638)
- Shuriken: WorldCollision crashes when spawning particles with World Collision enabled (1168859)
- XR: Cardboard projects default to 30 frames per second unless targetFrameRate is set to 60. (1143799, 1144492)
Recent Unity news
Apps similar to Unity 2
Unreal Engine is now free. Free for game development. Free for Virtual Reality. Free for education. Free for architecture. Free for film.