MarkdownPad is a full-featured Markdown editor for Windows.
MarkdownPad is a web editor for writers that enables you to create text based web content, formatted in HTML/CSS without the need to use any HTML tags. Instead of HTML markup, you can use easy to remember keyboard tags which can also be triggered with a hotkey combination or toolbar buttons. For example, to make a word appear bold you can simply press Ctrl+B, or use Ctrl+I to make it italic. To insert a header, simply add ## to the beginning and end of the line. This may sound complicated, but it's not. You'll get a hang of it in 5 minutes or less.
Furthermore, a real-time preview allows you to see how your content will be rendered in the browser as you type. Once you are finished with your page, you can export the content to regular HTML/CSS code.
MarkdownPad uses a style sheet that determines how the HTML code is rendered. You can freely customize the CSS to make it match your site design and also customize some of the rendering options.
Instant HTML Preview
- Instantly see what your Markdown documents look like in HTML as you create them.
- While you type, LivePreview will automatically scroll to the current location you're editing.
Easy formatting with keyboard shortcuts
- Markdown formatting can be applied (and removed) with handy keyboard shortcuts and toolbar buttons.
- Color schemes, fonts, and sizes are all customizable.
Use your own CSS
- Change the look of your HTML documents by using your own CSS stylesheet.
- The default CSS is beautiful and minimal, and will make your HTML documents look great.
- Quickly create ready-to-use HTML documents, or simply copy a portion of your document as HTML.
- Having a hard time focusing? Distraction-free mode puts the focus on your document and helps you get some serious work done.
- Added: In the event that MarkdownPad crashes, a backup of your currently-opened document will be saved to the Desktop.
- Improved: Handled a potential out of memory error when processing large Markdown files
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.