SynWrite is a free source code editor and notepad replacement for Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
Initially started as project for building an editor based on the powerful EControl Syntax Editor SDK, SynWrite now offers a wide set of features.
- Syntax highlighting for lots of languages
- Fully customizable highlightings
- Code folding
- Tree structure view for source code
- Support for almost all encodings
- Coding helpers:
- Source code templates
- SmartTagTabbing feature (see animation)
- SyncEdit feature to edit identical identifiers (see animation)
- Zen Coding support (HTML + CSS + XSL high speed coding engine)
- Color preview + Color picker
- Clipboard history panel
- Search, replace with regular expressions
- Search, replace in multiple files
- External tools (capture of console output, errors navigation)
- Document mini-map feature
- Strings extraction feature
- Customizable hotkeys
- Keyboard macros
- Spell checking
- File sessions
- Plugin support for file manager "Total Commander"
- Multilingual user interface
- Integrated HTML Tidy library
- Export to RTF/HTML with syntax highlighting
- Portable mode
- and more...
- If you've used portable SynWrite installation, you MUST create empty "Portable.ini" file in SynWrite folder.
- color picker: command "Edit - Select color"
- color preview for HTML/CSS: see help topic "Color code preview"
- code templates: option "Use Tab key to expand code templates" in "Auto-complete" group
- code templates: auto-inserting of single matching item, opt in "Auto-complete" group
- options - colors: color list reordered
- option color "bookmarked line BG"
- lexer "Text Russian detector", packed in "ReadmeRarelyNeededLexers.rar"
- updated: "Find ID" add-on (ToolsFindID.exe)
- changed: options dlg tabs order
- fix: sessions with portable version
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: