Initially started as project for building an editor based on the powerful EControl Syntax Editor SDK, SynWrite now offers a wide set of features.
- Syntax highlighting for lots of languages
- Fully customizable highlightings
- Code folding
- Tree structure view for source code
- Support for almost all encodings
- Coding helpers:
- Source code templates
- SmartTagTabbing feature (see animation)
- SyncEdit feature to edit identical identifiers (see animation)
- Zen Coding support (HTML + CSS + XSL high speed coding engine)
- Color preview + Color picker
- Clipboard history panel
- Search, replace with regular expressions
- Search, replace in multiple files
- External tools (capture of console output, errors navigation)
- Document mini-map feature
- Strings extraction feature
- Customizable hotkeys
- Keyboard macros
- Spell checking
- File sessions
- Plugin support for file manager "Total Commander"
- Multilingual user interface
- Integrated HTML Tidy library
- Export to RTF/HTML with syntax highlighting
- Portable mode
- and more...
- new config for hotkeys used now. SynHotkeys.ini (later also "SynHotkeys lexer nnnnn.ini"). one for usual commands and plugins.
- new dialog to configure hotkeys: in Commands dlg (F1), press F9
- old hotkeys not read now: from Syn.ini, from SynPlugins.ini (was bad design)
- you should delete section in Syn.ini: [Template__SyntKeyMapping.AsString]
- hotkeys part in Options dlg: now read-only, cannot change hotkeys there
- SynPlugins.ini: not used last 2 items for command plugins: ;hotkey;flags . To hide command plugin in context menu, now use "_" char prefix in command caption.
- install.inf: in [iniNNN] allowed line "hotkey=" to set command item's hotkey, e.g. combo key is "hotkey=Ctrl+Alt+A * Ctrl+B * Ctrl+C" * removed translations for items (about 300) in Commands dialog (to make translation easy)
Apps similar to SynWrite 5
PSPad editor is freeware programmer editor.
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
Light-weight, free and open source Notepad-like text editor with syntax highlighting for a few commonly used languages.