Initially started as project for building an editor based on the powerful EControl Syntax Editor SDK, SynWrite now offers a wide set of features.
- Syntax highlighting for lots of languages
- Fully customizable highlightings
- Code folding
- Tree structure view for source code
- Support for almost all encodings
- Coding helpers:
- Source code templates
- SmartTagTabbing feature (see animation)
- SyncEdit feature to edit identical identifiers (see animation)
- Zen Coding support (HTML + CSS + XSL high speed coding engine)
- Color preview + Color picker
- Clipboard history panel
- Search, replace with regular expressions
- Search, replace in multiple files
- External tools (capture of console output, errors navigation)
- Document mini-map feature
- Strings extraction feature
- Customizable hotkeys
- Keyboard macros
- Spell checking
- File sessions
- Plugin support for file manager "Total Commander"
- Multilingual user interface
- Integrated HTML Tidy library
- Export to RTF/HTML with syntax highlighting
- Portable mode
- and more...
- Instead of old-style, bad tab-controls, now ATTabs used. They are more nice looking (e.g. mouse-over effect for tabs, auto-hiding of "x" btn on too small tabs size, more correct skin drawing on tabs background). And have more features (e.g. tab "+", button "down" at right side).
- New groups system. Read new help topic "Groups of tabs". Now maximum 6 groups exist.
- drag-drop of tabs between groups.
- new dialog "Save tabs?"
Apps similar to SynWrite 5
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
PSPad editor is freeware programmer editor.
A general-purpose text editor, designed to be small and compact.