Initially started as project for building an editor based on the powerful EControl Syntax Editor SDK, SynWrite now offers a wide set of features.
- Syntax highlighting for lots of languages
- Fully customizable highlightings
- Code folding
- Tree structure view for source code
- Support for almost all encodings
- Coding helpers:
- Source code templates
- SmartTagTabbing feature (see animation)
- SyncEdit feature to edit identical identifiers (see animation)
- Zen Coding support (HTML + CSS + XSL high speed coding engine)
- Color preview + Color picker
- Clipboard history panel
- Search, replace with regular expressions
- Search, replace in multiple files
- External tools (capture of console output, errors navigation)
- Document mini-map feature
- Strings extraction feature
- Customizable hotkeys
- Keyboard macros
- Spell checking
- File sessions
- Plugin support for file manager "Total Commander"
- Multilingual user interface
- Integrated HTML Tidy library
- Export to RTF/HTML with syntax highlighting
- Portable mode
- and more...
- Instead of old-style, bad tab-controls, now ATTabs used. They are more nice looking (e.g. mouse-over effect for tabs, auto-hiding of "x" btn on too small tabs size, more correct skin drawing on tabs background). And have more features (e.g. tab "+", button "down" at right side).
- New groups system. Read new help topic "Groups of tabs". Now maximum 6 groups exist.
- drag-drop of tabs between groups.
- new dialog "Save tabs?"
Apps similar to SynWrite 5
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
PSPad editor is freeware programmer editor.
AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast.