PSPad editor is freeware programmer editor, usable for people who:
- work with various programming environments
- like highlighted syntax in code
- need a small tool with simple controls and the capabilities of a mighty code editor
- looking for a tool to work with plain text
- want to save money and still have the functionality of professional products
Why PSPad ?
- do you work with various programming environments ?
- do you like highlighted syntax in code ?
- do you need a small tool with simple controls and the capabilities of a mighty code editor ?
- are you looking for a tool to work with plain text ?
- do you want to save money and still have the functionality of professional products ?
- then PSPad is for you.
- work with projects
- work on several documents at the same time (MDI)
- Save desktop session to later reopen all open files
- FTP client - you can edit files directly from the web
- macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- search and replace in files
- text difference with color-coded differences highlighted
- templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates...)
- installation contains templates for HTML, PHP, Pascal, JScript, VBScript, MySQL, MS-Dos, Perl,...
- syntax highlighting auto set by file type
- user-defined highlighters for exotic environments
- auto correction
- intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
- full HEX editor
- call external programs, different for each environment
- external compiler with catch command output, log window, log parser for each environment for "IDE" effect
- color syntax highlight printing and print preview
- integrated TiDy library for formatting and checking HTML code, conversion to CSS, XML, XHTML
- integrated free version of top CSS editor TopStyle Lite
- export with highlight to RTF, HTML, TeX format into file or clipboard
- column block select, bookmarks, line numbers, ...
- reformat and compress HTML code, tags char case change
- line sorting with ability to sort on defined column, with option to drop duplicates
- ASCII chart with HTML entities
- Code explorer for Pascal, INI, HTML, XML, PHP, and more in future
- spell checker
- internal web browser with APACHE support
- matching bracket highlighting
- PSPad Code updated to Delphi 10.2 - fully Unicode IDE independent of regional settings. It allows 64b version too.
- New file plugin format, much more easier for developers - (see the readme file in plugin subfolder)
- New code page handling - PSPad now supports 147 code pages and allows you to open and convert
- New CP customization menu dialog (menu Encoding) which allows you select code page set you use
- New Batch CP convert tool in the Encoding menu
- Code page in status bar shows code page menu
- Fast selection of default encoding by Ctrl+Click on menu item in Encoding menu
- Language files are stored in UTF-8 with BOM
- New ASCII chart with encoding selector, Unicode char value and HTML entities
- Script Input Dialog with automatic history
- Batch CP conversion (menu Encoding) was changed to non modal and allows you with Enter and DblClick open selected file from list
- User convertors are stored in .\Convertor subfolder with UTF-8 encoding. Conversion extended of regular expressions. See the file template.in_ for definition changes
- Added anonymous program usage program tracking. You can switch it off in the program settings / Program 1. For now in developer builds only.
- Code pages - added ISO 8859-2 autodetection
- PSPad remembers height of File explorer file list box
- PHP code explorer - added labels
- HTML highlighter - added highlight matching MAIN
- Hex Editor - Search/replace has been rewritten, fixed problem with 00 in search/replace
- PSPad checks new version on start. Parameters are available in the Program settings / Check update
- PSPad will activate Multiuser environment switch if detect user unpack it manually into Program files folder
- Translators can use \n for line break for resource strings (starting on rs_)
- System dialogs was changed into PSPad 4 style [full release notes]
Apps similar to PSPad 3
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
A general-purpose text editor, designed to be small and compact.
AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast.