Update AVIRA Desktop for Windows with latest virus definitions and scan engine, helping you to stay protected even when you do not access the Internet on a daily basis. This is an easy-to-use update package, which wraps up the update files for the scan engine and the virus definitions file. Their installation will be automatic, by means of a Windows Installer.
Even though viruses have now grown very numerous, one thing hasn't changed: our commitment to provide you with all-round protection. The reliability of AntiVir is demonstrated in numerous comparison test and references featured in independent trade journals.
The AntiVir Personal Edition offers the effective protection against computer viruses for the individual and private use on a single PC-workstation. In order to make possible an easy operation, the AntiVir Personal Edition is developed to the essential points.
How to update the Avira Antivirus:
- Connect the data carrier to the computer without internet access
- Open the "Avira Control Center" via the Avira icon in the taskbar
- Click in the menu bar Update → Manual update, select the vdf_fusebundle.zip file from the connected data carrier and click Open
- Avira Antivirus updates automatically the latest virus definitions
How to create a VDF Fusebundle archive:
- Use a computer with Internet access to download the current Avira Fusebundle Generator
- Extract the downloaded file: avira_fusebundlegen-win32-en.zip
- Open the extracted folder and double-click the file: fusebundle.exe
- The Fusebundle archive (vdf_fusebundle.zip) is created. The creation of the archive may last up to a few minutes
- Open the folder install and copy the new created vdf_fusebundle.zip file onto a data carrier (USB memory, CD-ROM, etc.). It is not necessary to extract the ZIP file