FlashFXP is a FTP, FTPS, SFTP client for Windows.
Use FlashFXP to publish and maintain your website. Upload and download files, such as documents, photos, videos, music and more! Transfer or backup local and remote files, plus (FXP) server to server ftp transfers.
FlashFXP offers unique and complimentary advanced features for client configuration. Share files with your friends and co-workers (FTP or SFTP server required).
Available in over 20 languages: Bulgarian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese-European, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish. (complete list)
At OpenSight Software, we pride ourselves on delivering an outstanding user experience, from less technical individuals to industry class professionals, anyone can master FlashFXP.
Take FlashFXP with you everywhere you go with our portable edition, Don't be stranded without a FTP, FTPS, SFTP client.
- Publish and maintain your website.
- Upload and download documents, photos, videos, music and more!
- Transfer or backup local and remote files.
- Share your files with your friends and co-workers using the powerful site manager.
- Schedule and automate file transfers with our powerful transfer scheduler.
- Updated SFTP engine to the latest version.
- Improved screen reader support. If you find some issues please let us know so that we can get them resolved. We've tested with Windows-Eyes and NVDA. All controls should now provide proper descriptions when tabbed, mouse over, or selected.
- Many improvements to the task scheduler. (when modifying or creating a task the syntax and parameters used by FlashFXP have changed, These changes are not backwards compatible with previous releases.)
- Improved FTP uploading where the connection would sometimes be dropped at the end of the transfer.
- Many code optimizations and performance (speed) improvements.
- Added [Site Manager] multiple select to the site list. This should make it easier to manage sites, specifically when wanting to delete or move a selection of sites at a time.
- Improved [Preserve File Date/Upload] feature, this operation is now executed as a separate operation after the file transfer completes, this is done so that if the command fails it doesn't confuse the user into thinking the transfer failed. More information is available on our website at Video file upload hangs at 99%
- Changed [Task Schedule] property repeat until configuration to allow "until" to be optional, when unchecked the task will run indefinitely. Previously there was no clear way to set this.
- Added [Translation] input validation for the Personal ID number field.
- Improved [Queue/Operation] en-queue delete logic to check to see if the same file/folder is queued for transfer and re-order the delete operation if determined that the file would be deleted prior to transfer. Most users would want to delete the file after the transfer not before. This check is on the source file location.
- Added [file list] icon shortcut overlays to symbolic links to files, when the file is detected as a symbolic link, not all servers will indicate when a file is actually a symbolic link.
- Improved [tree navigation] performance by eliminating a bottleneck that resulted in a 50% speed increase during certain operations.
- Added the ability to drop external folders/shortcuts on the local browser address bar to quickly jump to the folder of the dropped item.
- Improved performance (6x speed increase) when transferring many small files over low latency connections.
- Added the ability to use the keyboard shortcut shift+End during a rename (f2) to select the whole filename.
- Changed the way data channel sockets/objects are created and managed to improve efficiency and performance.
- Improved the way site to site transfers are aborted. This new method has been tested with pure-ftpd, gene6 ftp, proftpd, glftpd, ioftpd, vsftpd, drftpd, and serv-u.
- Added a file replace dialog when attempting to move a file into a location that already contains a file with the same name allowing the user to select the desired action, overwrite, skip, rename, cancel.
- Improved the user experience (reduced flicker) when minimizing and restoring the main window to/from the maximized state.
- Improved content layout and position when using large fonts or font scaling.
- Fixed [Task Schedule] property 'Expire on' setting, the setting wasn't being set correctly when FlashFXP was run on Windows Vista or newer.
- Fixed [server/transfer/abort] access violation when the server returned a multi-line reply during an abort operation.
- Fixed [interface/prompts] FlashFXP would sometimes disappear from the task list (alt+tab) when certain child windows were active.
- Fixed [browser/file list] issue that prevented renaming under Wine.
- Fixed [LiveUpdate] crash when canceling a "check for upgrade".
- Fixed [Site Manager] crash when performing a site list search when the selected site is modified and not yet saved. (error occurred while displaying the save changes prompt)
- Fixed [FTP/PROXY/MODE Z] download/listing issue when using a SOCKS Proxy on a FTP server with MODE Z enabled.
- Fixed [Application] crash (Invalid Pointer Operation) triggered under some conditions when using a screen reader with FlashFXP.
- Fixed [Application] text drawing gitches while in screen reader mode.
- Fixed [Application] double buffer drawing with DWM composition enabled.
- Fixed list-view column text, it was rendered upside down and reversed on some systems.
- Added a 60 second data socket connection timeout, this is the maximum time FlashFXP wait for a data connection to connect.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows 7 taskbar progress would incorrectly start at 90%.
- Fixed an issue where the user was unable to transfer any files after canceling a transfer, the cancel flag was not reset in some situations.
- Fixed [server file search/result list] issue where symbolic links weren't shown with the shortcut overlay icon.
- Fixed [server file search/delete operation] issue where symbolic links were treated as folders when in fact they should of been treated as files.
- Fixed [queue list] item selection issue when the queue list is focused using the tab key on the keyboard. The selected items might appear selected but attempting to perform an operation such as delete would fail.
- Fixed [server/operation] issue when trying to move a file or folder, the operation could fail without any indication as to why it failed.
- Fixed [server file search] crash if you close FlashFXP while the server file search is dialog open.
- Fixed [status window] drawing issue where in some situations the last 2-3 lines of text might be delayed and not shown until the FlashFXP window was activated or the status window was scrolled.
- Fixed a couple focus/selection issues when using tab and ctrl+tab.
- Fixed a application crash triggered during the SSL/TLS connection handshake.
- Several minor fixes in the remote sever search feature.
- Several minor fixes in the remote file edits feature.
- Fixed an issue that prevented FlashFXP from shutting down correctly under some conditions and leaving the FlashFXP process running.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in erroneous transfer failed message on connection lost when there was no transfer in progress.
- Fixed an issue triggered after completing a remote server search or closing the remote server search dialog where the current remote directory listing might not display the correct content for the current directory.
- The default value for TCP/IP Keep Alives has changed from 2 minutes to 120 minutes.
- Fixed several issues when performing a remote move folder operation.
- Under some conditions the connect and disconnect buttons were not enabled when they should have been. Fixed.
- Changed the way the local browser handles windows shortcuts when "use accurate shell icons" is unchecked.
- Fixed a many UI elements that weren't properly scaled/positioned when using large fonts.
- Sometimes FlashFXP would display double confirmation prompts when FlashFXP is closed. Fixed.
- Fixed several problems related related to the liveupdate feature, specifically when launching the newly downloaded update.
- Fixed a situation where the local browser could appear blank and or not update correctly after a non-critical failure while navigating.
- Fixed [upload] file read error during file upload.
- Fixed [window/state] when restoring FlashFXP from the system tray if the previous window state was maximized then under some conditions the window state might not be restored.
- Fixed [thread/timer] a race condition in timer/helper thread. This race condition caused things in FlashFXP to malfunction. Such as the local browser wouldn't update automatically to show new/modified files in the current folder.
- Fixed [socket/bind] error when using FlashFXP with a transparent proxy such as Proxifier, where opening the data connection would fail with a Data Socket Error: Can't assign requested address.
- Fixed [DNS] When resolving the server hostname some DNS servers are returning two identical IP records, if the connection fails this can result in an immediate retry attempt and an endless loop ignoring any defined retry delay.
- Fixed [server file search dialog] the "look in" field couldn't be selected via the tab key.
- Fixed [Proxy/Socks5] compatibility issue when connecting to some Socks5 servers using the hostname of the FTP/SFTP server. Connecting with a IP address was unaffected.
- Fixed MLST issue with PS3 FTP server (multiman).
- Fixed [socket/receive buffer] contained stale data on the control connection, in some situations the receive buffer wasn't cleared prior to a re-connection attempt following a connection failure. This issue was detected when using a Socks5 proxy but it's likely that other situations also triggered this issue.
- Right clicking in the tree navigation wasn't changing the active side selection bar (below the browser panes) when the current browser wasn't focused/selected. Fixed.
- Fixed access violation error that would sometimes occur when renaming a folder.