Like the Windows Task Manager, the Emsisoft HiJackFree Processes section lists all running processes. But additionally it shows tons of useful information at the details pane. File properties, loaded modules, online information and process details that indicate whether the program runs as a service, was started by an autorun entry or opens TCP and UDP ports.
The Ports section of Emsisoft HiJackFree shows all local open ports. An open port means that there is a process running which listens on the port number for input from outside.
The Ports Manager shows also the processes which listens on the ports so you can quickly see which processes must be shut down to close a specific port. You can kill a process and put it to quarantine for a later restore if needed.
View and edit all autorun entries. More than 30 different autorun locations are displayed and can be edited as well. Beside the default registry autoruns of the current user (HKCU) and all users (HKLM), Emsisoft HiJackFree also shows autoruns in files like win.ini, system.ini, autoexec.bat and config.sys. Additionally it lists all programs which are automatically run by the autorun start menu folder.
- Manage all types of autoruns on your system
- Control all explorer and browser plugins (BHOs, toolbars, etc.)
- Manage all running processes and their associated modules
- Control all services, even those windows doesn't display
- View open ports and the associated listening processes
- View all DNS entries in the hosts file
- Manage installed layered service providers (LSPs)
- Analyze the system configuration with using our live online analysis
- and many more