- Real-time spell checking as you type.
- Spell check with one or more language dictionaries simultaneously.
- Full compatibility with the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer.
- Translated to 32 languages and with 45 language dictionaries available.
- Supports the HTML 5 spellcheck attribute.
- Optionally spell check single and multiple line edit fields.
- Add and manage words in per-language user dictionaries.
- Configure the highlight of misspellings; suitable for the visually impaired.
- Works with CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 online. (*)
- Works with Microsoft Outlook Web App 2010 and Outlook Web Access 2007. (*)
- Create and distribute custom adjunct dictionaries. (*)
- Specialised dictionaries for the Medical, Legal and Financial sectors. (*)
- Works on Terminal servers and Citrix environments. (*)
- Get the text of the word directly beneath the caret in an element
- Get an array of suggested corrections for a misspelled word
- Replace the text of the word directly beneath the caret with another in an element
- Remove the tag from all instances of a word in an element
- Enable or disable spell checking in an element
- Display the Speckie Settings page
- Get an array of names of the active language dictionaries
- Add a word to the user's dictionary
- Get the number of tagged words in an element
- (*)Commercial version required
- Added support for IE 11.
- Improved support for Rich Editors.
- Updated the Settings UI to be more touch screen friendly.
- Added a spell check dialog to improve working with large bodies of text.*
- Updated the spell check functionality so that words are no longer tagged with each key stroke on IE 8 and older.
- Updated the Speckie Dictionary Installer to allow uninstallation of dictionaries via the command line.
- Change affects commercial version only.