It features SSH2 password-based, interactive and public-key authentication methods and fully supports forwarding and sftp subsystem, along with state-of-the-art virtual folders management. Yet its management console makes it extremely easy to configure and deploy, both locally and remotely.
This tiny award-winning software is built with ease-of-use and security in mind, please give it a try and if you just need a single-user/non-commercial version, then you can keep the Free edition forever, no expiration and free lifetime updates and upgrades.
Whether your need is to backup your Cisco CallManager/UC or a PCI-compliant server to securely transfer any type of file, SilverSHielD is the solution you are looking for.
- Password-based (also supports Windows/AD account authentication!)
- Public-Key (supports multiple keys per user!)
Additional security settings
- Ability to set the maximum number of concurrent connections (Pro edition only)
- Ability to force a delay upon new connection, for anti-hammering
- Put the client IP in tarpit after a definable number of failed authentication attempts
- Limit access only to certain IP addresses or networks
- Per-folder permissions on virtual folders
- Virtual folders can be hidden (but still perfectly functional)
- Per-user IP security
- Auto-disable user account after a cetrain date/time
- SafeUpô server-side file-transfer protection technology
Functions and subsystems
- Secure Shell/Command (SSH2)
- SFTP (supports files larger than 4 GB!)
- Compression (Zlib)
- Powerful script-based event handling subsystem, with support for 4 major scripting languages (NEW!)
- SilverSHielD runs as a system service and local/remote administration is performed though a modern Management Console, included in the download package, which establishes a secure channel with the SilverSHielD server and allows remote configuration of one or many servers
- Alternatively you can take advantage of the Command-Line Interface (CLI) to integrate SilverSHielD management into your workflow, even using 3rd party management tools (provided such tools can call a command line application)
- Added: Compatibility with Dokan SSHFS