Bitser's interface is built around the file system with explorer style views and features similar to those found in backup applications. All underlying archiving functions are performed using the open source 7-zip compression software and therefore all major archiving formats are supported. Bitser also provides a password manager and a MD5/SHA checksum calculator to verify file identity. Bitser is free software.
- Extracts: ZIP,ZIPX,7Z,RAR,ISO,VHD,MSI,GZIP,BZIP2,TAR,CPIO,DEB,DMG,LZH,LZMA,LZMA2,PPMd,NSIS,RPM,UDF,Z...
- Creates: ZIP, 7-ZIP, EXE (SFX - create self-extracting and split archives)
- Create or extract multiple zip files simultaneously from windows explorer.
- Context Menu (right click shortcut menu) access to archives from windows explorer.
- Drag-and-drop support for adding and updating archives from built in file explorer.
- Convert archives between formats (full or partial conversion from any format to zip,7-zip or exe).
- Create compressed backups of your data using checkboxes in windows explorer to select multiple files and folders.
- AES-256 bit encryption for secure backup of confidential data.
- Supports multithreading on multiprocessor or multi-core systems
- Reports showing history of archived files, parameters used and comparison of compression ratios, speeds, and sizes.
- Explorer style views of archives with source and destination folders accessible from a single window.
- MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksum calculator for windows file verification (also included in context menu).
- Password Manager to store multiple passwords in a single AES encrypted file.
- Find and delete empty folders and sub-folders from windows explorer context menu.
- Calculate folder sizes of multiple selected folders from windows explore context menu.
- Supports Windows 7,8, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
- Direct extraction of data to destination drives without using temporary system folders
- Software interface can be translated into any language.
- Does not contain any forms of malware or adware.
- Windows MSI installer.
- Bug Fix - Bitser was failing to prevent the computer from sleeping during backup
- Bug Fix - Minor fixes, changes and code optimisations