Tweaking.com - svchost.exe Lookup Tool 1.5.0
If you have ever noticed svchost.exe in your task manger taking a large amount of memory or high CPU you wonder what it belongs to. svchost.exe is used to run certain services in Windows.
With this tool you can see all currently running svchost.exe on the system and what service each one belongs to.
You can now see which service is giving you trouble :-)
As an added feature you can view detailed information about the service right from the program.
- Per user request I added the options to save the list to a file or to copy it to the system clip board.
- Per user request I have added the ability to sort the list by column.
- Changed the details window from a list to a text box. You can now copy the text in the details window.
- Added new details in the detail window to show what account the service is run from.*
- Changed the way the program pulls the memory of the svchost processes.
- Before it had to take debug privileges in order to pull the memory info.
- This required more API's calls and changes the programs privileges in order to pull that info. Since the program pulls the service information with WMI I changed it to pull the memory information from WMI as well, which doesn't require all those API calls and changing privileges. Thus making the code cleaner and faster.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: