FileMenu Tools 6.6
FileMenu Tools is a free application which lets you customize the context menu of Windows Explorer.
The application adds built-in utilities to perform operations on files and folders and adds custom commands which let you run external applications, copy/move to a specific folder or delete specific file types. With FileMenu Tools, you also can customize the "Send to..." submenu, and either enable or disable context-menu commands added by other applications.
- Add some built-in utilities that perform operations on files and folders. Theese utilities are explained below in more detail
- Add custom commands which run a specific action. The possible actions are the following:
- Run external applications
- Copy/move to a specific folder
- Delete specific file types
- Send the selected files as attachment to e-mail recipient(s)
- Rename the selected files by using a set of rules
- Configure the "Send to..." submenu
- Enable/disable commands which are added by other applications to the context menu
- Improved the custom commands of type "Run program". A new option added to enter recursively in the subfolders when the custom command is configured to secuential execution.
- Folder Size: in FileMenu Tools 6.5 was added the analysis of hard links. So the real size in disk is calculated correctly if a file has referenced several hard links. The disadvantage is the process is slower. Therefore now is possible to choose if analyze the hard links or not.
- Fixed bug in Change Time: in specific time zones may exist a offset of one hour.
- Fixed bug in Advanced Renamer: when renaming folders recursively a message box was displayed continuously because the renamed folder was not found.
- Fixed bug in Advanced Renamer: did not convert correctly to lower case or upper case with special characters like áĺöä, ÁĹÖÄ.
- Fixed bug in Sync Folders: the time of target files was not changed correctly and therefore always the origin files was detected as modified files.
- Minor bug fixes.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: