It is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.
So you can see graphically how much is played and how much is still to play
Allows you to remotely control Light Alloy, for example if you are laying on the sofa
Just like on YouTube you can navigate with a preview window while searching on the timeline
Allows you to watch tv over the internet and online videos like youtube/vimeo
Contains an expandable list of online radio stations which you can play and record, and a list to store your favorites
In case of multiple audio/subtitles streams you can easily switch from stream
Contains Dutch, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and others
You don't have to install a codec pack anymore: you can use the player immediately after installation
Blu-Ray & DVD
You also can watch Blu-Ray and DVD with Light Alloy
- Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs)
- Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely.
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, shift
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Preferences->Mouse->Areas: added ability to switch subtitles/sound stream for left-up and right-up areas.
- Preferences->Keyboard: added hotkey to rotate video by Z in Video section.
- Video rotate setting now remembered per-file, not globally.
- Disabled the DPI Awareness flag, to resolve problems with the interface for DPI >100%. Normal support for different DPI will be implemented in future versions.
- Preferences->Playlist: preview window now respect font that you have either in Font menu or in current skin when you switch between "always the same" and "Use from skin".
- Preferences->OSD/Subtitles->Subtitles: display->Expert Menu mode: texture resolution is now equal to desktop resolution, by default.
- Mouse Areas of Video: now they activated by left mouse click, previously an area was activated by double mouse click which wasn't obvious for some users.
- Slightly updated About box, added some additional contact info
- Some internal code cleaning, removed some options, and made some optimizations.
- Function of the Original Size (Home) wasn't respecting minimal width of audio skin.
- Sound options: changing normalization method didn't applied immediatelly, it was necessary to close the settings window first.
- Media-oriented open dialog: function of the "Add all from current folder" button didn't work correctly.
- Media-oriented open dialog: fixed saving of view style & columns width.
- Playlist: folder mode - fixed auto-correction of the size of some controls while playing the file.
- Playlist: folder mode - font name/size settings were ignored.
- Playlist: Jump to File: some fixes to items paint procedure.
- Playlist: M3U - fixed issue with character encoding on UTF8 files without BOM.
- Skins: fixed a few issues with video panel repaint when switching between audio and video mode or vice-versa.
- Skins: fixed subtitle button for Omega.
Apps similar to Light Alloy 4
Small, fast and handy player with powerful tools to handle your files and listen to your tracks.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Media Player Classic looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional features.