It is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.
So you can see graphically how much is played and how much is still to play
Allows you to remotely control Light Alloy, for example if you are laying on the sofa
Just like on YouTube you can navigate with a preview window while searching on the timeline
Allows you to watch tv over the internet and online videos like youtube/vimeo
Contains an expandable list of online radio stations which you can play and record, and a list to store your favorites
In case of multiple audio/subtitles streams you can easily switch from stream
Contains Dutch, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and others
You don't have to install a codec pack anymore: you can use the player immediately after installation
Blu-Ray & DVD
You also can watch Blu-Ray and DVD with Light Alloy
- Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs)
- Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely.
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, shift
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- French translation.
- Preferences->Interface: control panel - hidden by default.
- Preferences->Sound: ability to set soundfonts for MIDI.
- Popup menu for On top button in Light Alloy caption bar.
- Preferences->Sound: settings slightly reorganized.
- Preferences->Video: on top - always renamed to Manually, i.e. with a button.
- Playlist: trying to display title tags for web-links, even if title format options are disabled for playlist. Useful for IPTV.
- Some optimizations.
- Preferences->Sound: an option load audio file with the same name has no effect.
- Playlist: title of some network playlists were not handled properly.
- Playlist: some network playlists were unable to be added.
- Media-oriented open dialog: did not worked navigation via Enter key.
- In some cases playlists splitter were unavailable in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed visua lbug with on top button in case of Always for On top.
- Always mode for on top sometimes was working incorrectly.
- Fixed issue with flickering video piture if you in/out mouse to control panel in fullscreen mode.
- Player could hang in some cases when you load another file if you already have loaded some file.
- Fixed delayed frame repaint on preview window moving when original paint method is used.
- Fixed other minor issues.
- Video decoder: DXVA support for AMD video cards with frame characteristics as - width <= 2048 and height <= 2304
- WASAPI: rewritten and enhanced mechanism of packets handling, which is resulted in better A/V sync handling in misc situations (some heavy CPU load, for example)
- WASAPI: added support for situation like when you disable sound output device, then sound will be transfered to device default sound device (and back, when original sound device is on again).
- Updated list of 4K-supported videocards.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries to 1.0.1j
- Updated codecs.
- BASS: updated WMA and FLAC plugins.
- MPEG: enhanced MPEG-PS support, fixed some mis-detection cases.
- WASAPI: optimized volume changing.
- WASAPI: optimized Bitstream.
- AVI, OGG, MP4: some files were unable to open.
- MIDI: fixed displaying of current playing position.
- WASAPI: fixed crash in case of zero-length data.
- Subtitles: fixed issue with font scale on some files.
- Some FLV were seek too slow.
- Other less important issues.