So you can see graphically how much is played and how much is still to play
Allows you to remotely control Light Alloy, for example if you are laying on the sofa
Just like on YouTube you can navigate with a preview window while searching on the timeline
Allows you to watch tv over the internet and online videos like youtube/vimeo
Contains an expandable list of online radio stations which you can play and record, and a list to store your favorites
In case of multiple audio/subtitles streams you can easily switch from stream
Contains Dutch, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and others
You don't have to install a codec pack anymore: you can use the player immediately after installation
Blu-Ray & DVD
You also can watch Blu-Ray and DVD with Light Alloy
- Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs)
- Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely.
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, shift
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Korean language (by 권 병호)
- Turkish language (by Yılmaz ER)
- Added Sky Audio.
- Hint popup where you can see current volume level when you mouse hover on volume slider.
- Preferences->Events: added "Pause playback on focus lost, continue playback on focus return" (works only for video mode).
- Preferences->Keyboard: search field.
- Fixed player crash with activated AviSynth option in case if there is no avisynth-script files.
- Preferences menu wont close on Esc key in all cases.
- Preferences->OSD: cosmetics and ergonimics fixes.
- External playlist were not working in case if player control panel was visible.
- Fixed issue with panels auto-hide.
- Fixed issue with external playlist + taskbar at top.
- Preferences->Events: Rewind to start option was broken.
- Fixed other less important issues.
- Video Decoder: DXVA support was rewritten and enhanced, fixed issues with video flickering, A/V desync issues, visual artifacts and so on.
- Video Decoder: added decoding support for QuickTime 8BPS, rpza, VP7.
- Video Decoder: added 4K-video DXVA decoding support for new nVidia video cards with VP5.
- Subtitle parser/renderer was significantly rewritten. Performance has been greatly improved both for subtitle parsing and rendering (often 5 times faster or more).
- WASAPI Audio Renderer: implemented A/V sync mechanism.
- Built-in support for Wave64.
- Built-in support for TTA.
- MKV: support for Apple ProRes.
- MKV: support for MJPEG.
- MKV: support for Microsoft MPEG4 v3.
- MKV: support for some rare types of uncompressed-video.
- MP4: Vorbis support.
- Video Decoder: VP9-video now decoded via ffmpeg.
- MPEG: improved AC3/AAC parsing mechanism, seek optimizations and fixed some issues related to it.
- Updated BASS audio components to latest versions.
- Updated codecs, system components to latest versions.
- Fixed player crash with some old nVidia video drivers.
- Real Media: some files were parsed incorrectly.
- MPEG: some HEVC-video were not detected properly.
- MPEG: fixed FPS calculcation with some files.
- MPEG: some IFO-files were not opened properly.
- MKV: fixed v210-video decoding.
- Subtitles: fixed DVB-subtitles output if video resolution were lower than subtitles resolution.
- Subtitles: fixed some issues with DVD-subtitles rendering.
- WASAPI Audio Renderer: fixed dead-locks issues and player hang.
- Fixed other less important issues.