VLC for iOS 2.2.2
VLC for iOS can play all your movies and shows in most formats directly without conversion. You can synchronize media to your device using WiFi Upload, iTunes, Dropbox, or direct downloads from the web.
- Play all files, in all formats, including exotic ones, like classic VLC media player.
- Play MKV, multiple audio tracks (including 5.1), and subtitles tracks (including SSA!).
- Support for network streams, including HLS, MMS or RTSP.
- Include video filters, playback speed manipulation, and fine seeking.
- A video media library, with WiFi Upload, Dropbox integration and optional passcode lock.
- Integration for bluetooth headsets and AirPlay.
- Supports iOS 5.1 or later including the first iPad.
- Completely free, libre and open source.
Devices and iOS version:
VLC for iOS requires iOS 5.1 or later. It runs on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, including the first iPad.
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Fixed an important audio decoding regression
- Updated translations to Arabic, Chinese (Hans), Dutch, Galician, Hungarian, Portuguese
- Fixed an issue where always the same file in a UPnP folder was played
- Fixed a ftp streaming issue from connected servers if file name contains non-ASCII characters or the path contains spaces
- Improved stability on iOS 6
- Improved quality of thumbnails
- GDrive integration and Dropbox streaming,
- New multitouch gestures,
- Improved library for TV Shows and Audio,
- Better UPnP integration, with downloading support,
- A startup tutorial,
- New streaming formats and protocols supported,
- Rewritten WiFi upload,
- Improved privacy when using Passcode Lock
- And so much more!
Jailbroken version still 2.2.0. We are waiting for official release for the .ipa which should be soon.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: