VLC for iOS 2.1.3
VLC for iOS can play all your movies and shows in most formats directly without conversion. You can synchronize media to your device using WiFi Upload, iTunes, Dropbox, or direct downloads from the web.
- Play all files, in all formats, including exotic ones, like classic VLC media player.
- Play MKV, multiple audio tracks (including 5.1), and subtitles tracks (including SSA!).
- Support for network streams, including HLS, MMS or RTSP.
- Include video filters, playback speed manipulation, and fine seeking.
- A video media library, with WiFi Upload, Dropbox integration and optional passcode lock.
- Integration for bluetooth headsets and AirPlay.
- Supports iOS 5.1 or later including the first iPad.
- Completely free, libre and open source.
Devices and iOS version:
VLC for iOS requires iOS 5.1 or later. It runs on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, including the first iPad.
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Fix crash if a media file's name is less than 6 characters + file extension long
- Add support for subtitles in non-western languages
- Add UPNP discovery and streaming
- Add FTP server discovery, streaming and downloading
- Add Bonjour announcements for the WiFi Uploader's website
- Add playback of audio-only media
- Add Deinterlace option (off by default)
- Newly implemented menu and application flow
- Improved Subtitles support, VoiceOver and accessibility support, video output on external screens, Passcode Lock and so many other
- New translations to Bosnian, Catalan, Galician, Greek, Marathi, Portuguese, Slovenian
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.