- Play all files, in all formats, including exotic ones, like classic VLC media player.
- Play MKV, multiple audio tracks (including 5.1), and subtitles tracks (including SSA!).
- Support for network streams, including HLS, MMS or RTSP.
- Include video filters, playback speed manipulation, and fine seeking.
- A video media library, with WiFi Upload, Dropbox integration and optional passcode lock.
- Integration for bluetooth headsets and AirPlay.
- Supports iOS 5.1 or later including the first iPad.
- Completely free, libre and open source.
Devices and iOS version:
VLC for iOS requires iOS 5.1 or later. It runs on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, including the first iPad.
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
This version adds:
- Folders for media
- Support for password protected HTTP streams
- An option to disable playback control gestures
- An option to use bold subtitles
- Better UPnP detection
- Support for m4b, caf, oma, w64 audio and mxg video files
- New translations to Latvian, Romanian and British English
This version fixes:
- Serial ftp downloads
- Twonky UPnP servers downloads
- Playback control in lock screen and multi-tasking view
- Playback pausing when headphones are unplugged
- WiFi upload speed and control
- Numerous crashes and UX tweaks
Jailbroken version still 2.2.0. We are waiting for official release for the .ipa which should be soon.