This is an extension for VLC player. You need to install that program first and the follow the instructions below.
- click on the download button below
- save the file and extract "vlsub.lua"
- put the file "vlsub.lua" in vlc /lua/extensions:
- Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\
- Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\vlc\lua\extensions\
- Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/extensions/
- Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
- Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/extensions/
- Mac OS X (current user): /Users/%your_name%/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/extensions/
- Start Vlc
- Start your video
- Click on the menu View > Download Subtitles (> Extension > VLSub if you're on Mac OS X)
- Click on "Search by hash" or "Search by name"
- Select a subtitles file on the list
- Click on "Download selection"
- That's it, the subtitles should appear on your video.
- If you're not happy with your subtitles (wrong sync etc), you can select an other one and click "Download" again, that will erase the previous one and load it autoamtically.
- Fixed a bug with subtitle downloading with HTTP 1.1
- Added Finnish language
Due to some bugs on Windows, if the path to your video contain non-english characters, the extension will not be able to save subtitles in this directory autmatically (it will propose you to save it manually) and the "search by hash" method might be slower.
Apps similar to VLSub 4
VLC for iOS can play all your movies and shows in most formats directly without conversion. You can synchronize media to your device using WiFi Upload, iTunes, Dropbox, or direct downloads from the web.
- Apple iOS
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.