- Supports Windows 8.
- Supports JSTV (Europe only.)
- Supports Hauppauge in select countries. WinTV tuner required. Compatible
tuner listed in Knowledge Base Article 5688.
- Supports Slingbox 350 and Slingbox 500.
- Updated media library scanning performance for USB HDD.
- Resolved message “Unable to connect to the selected source” when
accessing a NAS that was previously playing a video.
- Resolved issue pressing power button for more than 3 seconds breaks CEC.
- Resolved system freezes in network setup with NFS share added to the My
- Resolved skip to desired time is not available for certain video
- Resolved BILD.de: Headlines on Start page are rendering incorrectly.
- Resolved get content info for TV shows does not include backdrop images.
- Resolved hiding Slingplayer in Parental Controls also hides Flingo
- Resolved Accuweather only displays the weekend forecast when language is
set to English.
- Resolved playing AVI video files from PC share drops sound when played
- Resolved VOB video files with DTS audio will not play sound when audio
is set to Stereo.
- Resolved playback issue DTS 96 Khz/24 bits audio will not play with
audio settings set to "Digital Pass-Through via HDMI only".
- Resolved several translation and user interface issues.
- Resolved media library doesn’t recompile automatically.
- Resolved no audio output if MPG video contains PCM audio codec.
- Resolved missing Repeat One icon in UI in music and video options menu.
- Resolved Youtube Leanback gets stuck at the landing page after watching
an ISO video file.
- Resolved theme issue video_run.xml replaced by video_run_buf.xml.
How to Install the Product Update:
To update the firmware via a USB device
Firmware is an important set of instructions that tells your WD TV Live Hub
Media Center how to operate and what the interactive screens look like, as well
as ensures accurate functionality. Upgrading the firmware is important because
WD continues to develop newer, faster, and more efficient tools that enhance
your WD TV Live Hub Media Center's capabilities and promotes ease of use.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the WD TV Live Hub Media Center's AC power adapter
remains connected during the firmware update. A power disruption during the
update process can corrupt the system firmware. Also, make sure that you do not
unplug the USB storage device.
- Download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Live
Hub Media Center.
- Extract the four files (.BIN, .VER, .FFF and .BI2 files) to the root
(top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Hub Media Center's USB port.
- Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
- Select the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER.
- You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
- Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will
restart the system.
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
- Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live Hub Media Center
will restart again.
- Once the WD TV Live Hub Media Center restarts, the new firmware is
Important product update notes:
Make sure the only USB drive connected to the WD TV Live Hub Media Center
contains the product update files.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.