Western Digital WD TV Live Hub Media Center Firmware 3.11.10
- General information: Subscribers of MLB.TV Premium will need to update to this version in order to view 2013 games.
- Supports MLB 2013 games.
- Supports JSTV in Monaco.
- Resolved rebooting issue when keying in Chinese characters.
- Resolved issue with the status bar not automatically closing when video is playing.
- Resolved a problem with the wrong name displaying for "Director" when retrieving content info for movies.
- Resolved subtitles still playing when default settings is selected as OFF.
- Resolved English only translation issue to support Nederland’s language “get content info”.
- Resolved audio “Next” button skipping multiple tracks.
- Resolved buffering issue during playback for Apple MOV videos files on a network attached storage device.
- Resolved several Japanese translation issues.
How to Install the Product Update:
To update the firmware via a USB device
Firmware is an important set of instructions that tells your WD TV Live Hub Media Center how to operate and what the interactive screens look like, as well as ensures accurate functionality. Upgrading the firmware is important because WD continues to develop newer, faster, and more efficient tools that enhance your WD TV Live Hub Media Center's capabilities and promotes ease of use.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the WD TV Live Hub Media Center's AC power adapter remains connected during the firmware update. A power disruption during the update process can corrupt the system firmware. Also, make sure that you do not unplug the USB storage device.
- Download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Live Hub Media Center.
- Extract the four files (.BIN, .VER, .FFF and .BI2 files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Hub Media Center's USB port.
- Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
- Select the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER.
- You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
- Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
- Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live Hub Media Center will restart again.
- Once the WD TV Live Hub Media Center restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded.
Important product update notes:
Make sure the only USB drive connected to the WD TV Live Hub Media Center contains the product update files.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.