- Supports WEP ASCII code.
- Supports 'Always apply the selected profile' to enforce user’s defined profile setting for system configuration.
- Fixes DNS Hijack issue when URL contains special characters.
- Fixes missing translation in 'Wireless as WAN' page.
- Fixes incorrect status issue in Network Map of NETGEAR Genie application.
Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
- Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
- Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop. The filename after extracting is PR2000-V184.108.40.206_1.0.1.img
- Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://192.168.1.1 ( if you did not change the router’s IP address ).
- Click Maintenance > Router Upgrade
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result to a corrupted firmware and cause the device not to work.
Instantly share any public Internet connection and stay secure with firewall protection for public hotspots with Netgear Trek Travel Router and Range Extender. With a powerful flip-out antenna, you’ll enjoy increased range whether you use it on the go, or at home. This compact device can be used as a router, range extender, access point or bridge to keep you connected wherever you trek.