0 MB paging file in windows

I went to my advance system settings and I found that my total paging file is has 0 MB it is not like that a few weeks ago please help I dont know what to do
I have 8 GB of ram but 7,85 GB usable0mb.PNG

Check the box for Windows to automatically manage the size.

I have turned mine off for extended periods without any adverse effects.

Setting Auto Manage is a bad idea -- the pagefile expands right when performance counts.

set MANUAL and then both min & max to 2x the size of your installed RAM

Setting Auto Manage is a bad idea -- the pagefile expands right when performance counts.
When that happens, I make plans on buying more memory and perhaps a new PC. Pagefile usage slows performance down. Although I will agree with an SSD, the performance hit is minimal these days.

When that happens, I make plans on buying more memory and perhaps a new PC. Pagefile usage slows performance down. Although I will agree with an SSD, the performance hit is minimal these days.
However Pagefile=0 will restrict the number of programs which can run at the same time. It is also ideal for gaming and most kind to SSDs.

Pagefile=2x Ram will run anything but also impacts SSD longevity.

Systems with at least 8GB of system RAM or more have little need for a pagefile. Turning off the pagefile will not harm system performance, short or long term. For example, I have disabled the pagefile in all but one of my systems, to no ill effect.

Pagefile=2x Ram will run anything but also impacts SSD longevity.
True, SSD's wear leveling is impacted greatly by the frequent usage of a pagefile.

Back