0x0000008E please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on to the cause of this error. I've tried tons of things, but can't seem to get my computer to boot XP. This all started a few months ago and has now has gotten to the point of crashing every time as soon as XP gets to desktop. I have tried pulling out RAM sticks and even swapped video cards. As of now I have reformatted and reinstalled windows with nothing but the essentials (vid, 1 HD, cd) 4 times and have came up with the same BSOD message. A few of the times I had the desktop running, but as soon as I started updating windows or installed the video drivers it would crash. Heres the exact STOP code:

0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80564C94, 0xF49398AC, 0x00000000)

Within the BSOD it will also say "Check to be sure you have adequate disk space......"

I can get into Safe Mode with and w/o networking with no problems. Also when checking Event Viewer and looking up the errors that came up for that boot it would say that it failed to load driver "Fips".

I'm here at my wits end. I'm about to chuck the mobo/cpu and get a whole new setup, but i keep thinking i could fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P4 1.8ghz
Asus P4S533
1gb Corsair 2x512mb
Ati 9700pro

fauxoriginal said:
but as soon as I started updating windows or installed the video drivers it would crash. Heres the exact STOP code:

0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80564C94, 0xF49398AC, 0x00000000)

Within the BSOD it will also say "Check to be sure you have adequate disk space......"

I can get into Safe Mode with and w/o networking with no problems. Also when checking Event Viewer and looking up the errors that came up for that boot it would say that it failed to load driver "Fips".
what free space do you have?

FIPS is an encryption standard: is your file system encrypted (normally requires XP/Pro)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back