0x0000008E problem,help thx...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm being plagued by the BSOD on my system .The BSOD will appear when I open a program called MapleStory (an online game).I have updated every components in my laptop, my Windows 7 and my BIOS but the BSOD still appears.

My system is
Toshiba Satellite L310
4 GB RAM
320 GB HDD
using Windows 7 Ultimate
dont know my pentium and graphic card

I'm totally stumped at what is causing this problem. Hope someone can help as this problem has been plaguing me for days and close to weeks.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    70 KB · Views: 2
All errors are 0x8E and they are alomost always caused by hardware though sometimes they can be cause by drivers. Unfortunately the dumps only cited Windows OS drivers and OS drivers are too general to be of much help..

Since 0x8E can be a strong indicator of corrupted memory it is advised to rum Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** Also, did you update your graphics drivers?

i download it and burn it into cd already,but when i reboot din have anything happen,my BIOS boot system already change to boot cd 1st....help...thx...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back