100 % disk usage

ViperCDX

Hi,today I was installing crysis 2 and decided to do something in the mean time,whenever I clicked a folder or opened a video it hanged and my pc was drastically slow ,and I saw my disk usage was 100%
any solutions?

Run->cmd and enter CLEANMGR
it will run for a minute or two and then present a list of choices.
[x] download
[x] temps
[x] Per user archived Error Reports

click OK

Run it again and then click Clean up system files

@clifford- oh I forgot to mention ,my hdd is 500 gb and total free space is 120 gb!

@jobeard- I have 4 partitions , approx 1 gb was cleaned from c drive(os drive) and 0 bytes from the rest 3 drives!

@clifford- oh I forgot to mention ,my hdd is 500 gb and total free space is 120 gb!
Check the drive data cables by reseating them. Cables can sometimes start glitches, if the connector contacts loose their seat. If that doesn't help, I'd run a drive maintenance utility to check for error.

I get this issue when playing Planetside 2 (whenever I try to navigate something other than the game, it is awfully slow). I think it is because my HDD is slow (despite being 7200RPM).

@cliffordcooley- how to run a drive maintenance utility?
@captaincranky- 40 gb free of 68 gb in C drive!
@JC713- I am noticing this slowdown only recently,before that I could easily play a game while I was installing another game!!

How did you see 100% disk usage? If you're on Windows 7, open up Recourse Monitor and pin-point which process is chewing your HDD.

@St1ckM4n- I am on win 8, I saw it on task manager
the setup was using approx 10MBps ,system 10MBps and win explorer 8 MBps

Back