1000W PSU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

-I just recently got a new computer with an 8800GTX Video Card, and I have had problems recently where sparks flew out of my 650W Arrow PSU when I plugged it in. So I had to replace 2 of those, and now i have an FSP 1000W PSU, and everytime my computer starts up to the desktop I get a message from Nvidia that I dont have enough power to power my Graphics Card, and that the GPU autimatically lowered my performance level. I have no clue what the problem is, so if anyone can help, Thanks:)

-BTW here are my specs:

Intel E6700 Processor

Nvidia 8800GTX Video Card

Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Gaming Motherboard

FSP 1000W PSU

300GB HD
160 GB HD

Logitech Z-5500 505W 5.1 Speakers

2048MB of RAM

It could be that your original PSU shorted out on some component on the MB etc. and burnt it out. You may need to check the board itself. Make sure all your connections are secure and good (No bent pins,etc.)

Any reason at all you included your HD/speakers, other than to brag? And why the heck would you have a 1000W PSU? Also, seeing as how the 1000W PSU was released Jan 11th during the CES, I highly doubt you've got one. In the unlikely scenario that you do, check here, and you'll see that FSP guarantees that it'll run 2 of your cards.

As far as your graphics go, Nvidia is not a manufacturer, and has no relevancy at all.

Looks like you read some crap and decided to post a hot-shot post.

If that's not the case, did you play with your bios settings?

I didn't post this to brag....and thanks for the suggestions btw, I found the problem. It was the Nvidia Driver that I recently downloaded, and it kept showing that false message. So I just rolled back the driver to it's earlier driver version. For my PSU, I have a 300W Auxiliarly and a 700W PSU. BTW..Skream I didn't post this for the purpose of bragging, and no I didn't play with my BIOS settings. I posted this to find help for my problem. I posted my HD's and Speakers to just insure that they couldn't be the problem. Sorry if my post was too thorough, I'll make it shorter next time;)

My apologies, and good job on fixing the problem. Too many things looked like you just randomly compiled a post out of boredom to try to brag for unknown reasons.

Nice system by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back