(2 Part Question) CPU error/BIOS

1st Question: When I turn on my PC, I hear 5 regular beeps. All over the internet, people tell me that it refers to a failing CPU.

However, my CPU is only a few months old and I /REALLY/ don't want to have to replace it.
CPU: i7-6700k
Any suggestions? My CPU also gets a bit hot....

2nd Question: When I turn on my PC, I also cannot enter the BIOS. The screen never pops up, and my keyboard isn't working during bootup until the Windows logo appears. How do I fix that?

Beep code is different for different makers...so you need to check that http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Infantile errors on CPUs do occur...so check your warranty - and if still covered, contact vendor to initiate RMA process...you will likely have to do some testing before they will issue an RMA

Not being able to enter BIOS is a pretty good sign that something is broken. What does your manual say?

Look through ComputerHope to see if anything fits with the problems you are having - be aware that generalities like "My CPU also gets a bit hot...." are pretty useless... think like an engineer: test data, model numbers, temperatures, voltages, etc need to be concise but accurate.

If you removed the CPU, did you install it with a fresh 'pea sized' squeeze of fresh thermal paste? (See YouTbue for instruction)

Last edited:
Back