2 separate OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to this site but I've seen that you guys know what you are talking about so here I go

I am unfortunately in high school and as such I am currently using the family computer....

Because of the computers multiple users I constantly find my programs deleted, infected, or slowed down because of some needless program installed. I just purchased another hard drive but i want to do something a little tricky with it. I want it to have it's own seperate os that I can boot allmost comepletely independant from the first hard drive. This way even though i am shareing the actual computer, I can relax and not care about what goes on with the other hard drive which will be used for everyone else in the house. I also want the hard drive to be independant because one day when I can afford my own computer I wish to be able to just take my hard drive from the pc to my new one with the os and files still there...is this possible at least to some extent...please help

I think you could set up a dual boot, but if each drive has a separate OS, then each is not recognizable by the other. That is to say, if you boot onto your own drive, you cannot access files on your parents' drive.

That kinda sounds like what i want...I want it so that when you boot one drive the other is treated like it's not there...how do I set this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back