2023 Genesis GV60: A Gadget on Wheels

Wonder what a repair bill would be for this in an accident, let alone a malfunction. These cars are unservicable by a person. Rather have my gas powered CR-V or other auto's with the basics like radio, electric windows and not a lot more. I can fix anything on them.

"When fully charged, the GV60 offers between 235 and 248 miles of range"

If they were smart they would offer a model without all the techie junk and boost the range to 600 miles. Can't use all that hardware when you're sitting on the side of the road without juice!! LOL

If they were smart they would offer a model without all the techie junk and boost the range to 600 miles. Can't use all that hardware when you're sitting on the side of the road without juice!! LOL

Say it's winter...(which cuts the range anyway) and you slide off the side of the road. While waiting for someone to pull you out, in a gas powered vehicle, as long as the muffler isn't covered, you can idle your vehicle to stay warm. With an EV, you'll suck all the battery power and end up freezing to death.

Say it's winter...(which cuts the range anyway) and you slide off the side of the road. While waiting for someone to pull you out, in a gas powered vehicle, as long as the muffler isn't covered, you can idle your vehicle to stay warm. With an EV, you'll suck all the battery power and end up freezing to death.
But the Greenies will salute you as you die :)

Garbage stuff for the sake of garbage stuff. Nothing more than a mobile lounge room full of distracting crap while forgetting about the important aspects of driving you know like great brakes, seats, steering, handling, power-to-weight. Interior is hideous BTW with that ironing board sized iPad.

Sooo much to go wrong - $60K to buy, but any repair bills are going to be astronomical given the lack of trained staff (and those that are trained will want paying a helluva lot more)

All new cars are full of internal and external cameras and microphones, constantly recording everyone inside the car, entering the car or walking near it. But this one probably has more cameras than an average Hollywood studio.

Yep, 500-600 miles per charge is going to be the necessary range to achieve before EVs become mainstream. ICE vehicles have already been dealt a death blow through legislation in parts of the US and other countries though, so here's hoping they get to that range number sooner rather than later.

I would've expected EVs to be more popular on a tech site. *shrug*

Hyundai and Kia are making very interesting EVs. I leased a Chevy Bolt and it was the best car that I've ever "owned". I'm in wait and see mode for my next EV, as I really prefer smaller vehicles.

Yep, 500-600 miles per charge is going to be the necessary range to achieve before EVs become mainstream.
How often do you honestly drive over 500 miles at a time? Maybe those living in rural Texas or Australia need that sort of range but EV's simply aren't aimed at these people. For me the range is fine and I'd be quite happy living with the increased performance, lower maintenance requirements and cheaper running costs of an EV. I'll admit probably wouldn't go for a brand like this when a decent Tesla or Jaguar iPace is available for the same price.

Sure, lets' buy an EV which loses 5-10% of charging capacity/year and becomes a giant paperweight in 20 years time.
In the meantime, I'vegot my ICE car which still works just fine after 15 years.
Eff the greenies. I'll buy an EV when the batteries last forever.

So only BMW Kia and Hyundai have a digital key feature, including remotely allowing your friends to drive the car. That's news to Tesla owners!!!

Sure, lets' buy an EV which loses 5-10% of charging capacity/year and becomes a giant paperweight in 20 years time.
In the meantime, I'vegot my ICE car which still works just fine after 15 years.
Eff the greenies. I'll buy an EV when the batteries last forever.
So ICE engines last forever? I bet your ICE engine needs servicing and spare parts over your 15 year ownership. It would be useful, though, if battery packs were replaceable. Would that make you buy an EV? Remember too that the batteries are the fuel, not the engine

So ICE engines last forever? I bet your ICE engine needs servicing and spare parts over your 15 year ownership. It would be useful, though, if battery packs were replaceable. Would that make you buy an EV? Remember too that the batteries are the fuel, not the engine
No. I can but a second hand car with ice for several thousand dollars. Diesel range is far superior. My engine runs flawlessly by the way, except for a belt. Mnope.

No. I can but a second hand car with ice for several thousand dollars. Diesel range is far superior. My engine runs flawlessly by the way, except for a belt. Mnope.
My daughter is driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe that shows no sign of wear. In fact of all 4 of my cars, the oil that comes out of that car is the cleanest and it doesn't burn an ounce. That car is almost 16 years old, and looks maybe 5 years old. Of course it's just a renamed Toyota. Handed down from my wife when I got her a new car.

Yearly taxes on it? $26.00 which includes the license and registration. Insurance is next to nothing for a teenage driver.

Most import ICE auto's can run for 20 years+ if maintainted, and it's CHEAP.

Now, hows that insurance and taxes on the EV? How are those repair bills 10 years down the road? What do you do with all of those toxic chemicals in the batteries?

Back