25 Great Games You Can Play on Laptops and Budget PCs

I have a tablet with integrated gpu (Intel 5000 chipset) and I've played games like wow and neverwinter with no issues. Hell I've even played Quake Champions at about 40fps.

I vote for Titan Quest. especially with the recent ragnarok DLC. that game was released over 10 years ago yet there was a DLC launched last year. go figure.
If this is the case, go for Path of Exile, it's online and it should run on potatoes. It's what D3 should've been all along, the character "leveling" path is what I loved the most about it. And even though I loved Titan Quest, I loved even more Torchlight I and II.

Thank you very much for this. Being a dedicated PC gamer mainly through Steam, I appreciate any games others find very good, whether I'll buy them or not.

I have to say, I don't know why everyone loves Civilization 5 so much. I bought it and I had fun with it because it was a Civilization game (Been playing Civ games since the first one), but it seems like the AI is too simple. Maybe I was expecting something else or maybe I just don't know how to play it like others do. I bought "Cities: Skylines" to help quench my thirst for building an empire or city.

Hyper Light Drifter is no less than excellent. It was released with a 30fps lock (because reasons) and later was updated to 60fps.

Dungeons of Dredmore is another good one that has hours of game-play and can run on any potatoes, it's a "modern" rogue-like game with loads of alternatives to customize your character + a big community of Steam workshop.

War of the Human Tanks is a really underrated strategy game with multiple endings for loads of replayability. It's fairly short but there are two sequels so if you like the first one, get the trilogy! Great soundtrack too.

There are a lot of good games which can be played on budget PCs, regardless of what genre you like. Several year old AAA titles and most indie games will work fine on a low end PC.

I'll add Rayman Origins / Legends to the list of games. They're lightweight and very well made.

It could be cool to have a "user recommended:" compiled list, if it gets a decent amount of votes anyhow.
What about Minecraft? And Borderlands? I mean the giveaway is in the name "bored" erlands!
If you read the review you would see Borderlands in it.

Darkest Dungeon is kind of interesting and atmospheric. Especially in dark mood:).
It surprisingly not so low demanding - makes my laptop to turn cpu fun on and does not feels "light".

Back