3Com 10/100 LAN+56K Modem PC Card PCMCIA driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have this Ethernet/Modem card? I can get the ethernet part to work but not the modem. I have looked for another driver but don't find anything.

Go to the mfg site to see if a driver is available, usually they are. But I am confused, if you are running a LAN, (on a cable & router) why would you worry about the modem?

I need a modem for home. I only have dial-up. I can bring my laptop to work and use the LAN here. I checked 3Com and there doesn't seem to be an update for the driver and they have discontinued this card. I found another site PCDrivers.com that offers some additional drivers. I'm going to try the one listed for this particular card.

Do you have the number of the driver needed? You might try to search for it on a search engine, remember not all engines search the same sites. Try more than one. Someone out there will have a copy of it. You might also try the newsgroups, although you have to put up with alot of junk, but good answers are available.

This is a combo unit so would a modem dongle work where the Lan dongle plugs in? It has the Autosensing jack which does work with Lan cable but not the modem (phone) cable, so it would stand to reason that this might work, right? :confused:

modem vs lan

As far as I know, a moden requires a land line connection, but check this out with another as there might be something in your computer that allows it.

Just as a thought. You could use Windows Live Messenger to share the files you generate at home with your work station, or you could use a file sharing program which might also solve the problem.

Hope I have helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back