3d stereo wont disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprandel17

Geforce 7600GS+91.31 drivers at the time it was enabled and installed.

Played a game of UT2004, hit CTRL+T to enable, thought it was cool. NHL 09 wasn't as cool, wanted to disable it, CTRL+T; all it does is a slight drop in saturation, and only if you're really watching.

Went into Nvidia 3d stereo settings, changed from "Enabled by Hotkey" to "Disabled"...nothing. I also had to disable AA for 3d Stereo games for performance. Now the "Disable AA when Stereo is Enabled" Is unchecked but no AA, can't get it back on.

I uninstalled all those drivers with Driver Sweeper as suggested by a 3d gaming site, now running 162.50 drivers.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Edit: Now Running 181.20 drivers.

Frommn this (old) thread;

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t5464.html

" I've come to the conclusion that the EDIMENSIONAL Drivers (or Nvidia's Stereo Drivers) have a BUG!!!!

The bug FORCES AntiAliasing OFF, even if it is unchecked!!!

How do I know?

After deleting ALL keys from Nvidia and uninstalling and reinstalling ONLY my videocard drivers, [7.1.8.9] (not the edimensional or Nvidia's Stereo drivers) I tested a game and it had AntiAliasing ON! (what a relief!) But it worked because of your advice of editing the registry...thanks, bro!

So, I reinstalled the Edimensional Drivers + Nvidia's Stereo drivers. BUT I chose NOT to overwrite existing Video Drivers. AND I uncheked the "disable AntiAliasing in Stereo" box before rebooting the system.

Once rebooted I tested the game again, with STEREO OFF!!! And AA was on...PERFECT!

I went back to Display Settings and switched 3D Stereo ON. And the game just kept running with AA OFF, even if i hotkeyed 3D Stereo OFF!!!
And if I choose to "run stereo by HOTKEY", AA remains OFF, too!!!

I retested the game with Stereo OFF and AA was back again."

The above mentions Edimensional drivers as well, and he's having a different problem than me, I think...

I've noticed that when I "enable" 3D stereo, AA turns off, when I "disable" AA is on like it should be, but 3D stereo is as well.

So now I have my AA back, but I can't get rid of 3D Stereo.

What I find strange about this is that you uninstalled ALL the drivers yet still get stereo when you reinstall just the base nVidia drivers (NOT the stereo drivers - correct?).

Or, are you talking about the built-in 3-D in nVidia Control panel?

Right, everything is uninstalled (as far as I know) and I went up to 181.20, the newest basic driver and it's still there! I went into my system info or whatever in the nvidia CP and it lists all the 3d stereo pieces that are still there.

Trying another driver cleaner, back in 10.

If you right click your screen and then click nVidia Control Panel and then look in 3D settings, manage 3d settings, program settings, are any of the programs listed set to use 3D?

No, not even an option.

Cleaned every nvidia driver possible, installed 181.20, still there.

Now my keyboard doesn't work!

I think your driver cleaner got a little carried away maybe!

edit: 1 link I found said his gtx260 had the problem and cleared when 2nd monitor was stopped.

edit: did you create any profiles and NOT delete them with the drivers?

No profiles. Everything is just bad right now, every time I open something in win explorer it decides to make a new window, no sys restore, safe mode unavailable...

Reformatting because even if I get rid of what appears to be a virus, 3d stereo will still be there lol.

Thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back