5.1 and sound blaster 24 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo7

ok so i have a set of logitech x-530 5.1 surround sound speakers and a sound blaster live 24 bit sound card and only the 2 front speakers seem to work and the subwoofer.

iv got all the cables plugged into the rite place and at the back the cables are also going into the rite place as they are colour coded.

can some1 please help me out...my mum has bough me this for christmas and is reli pissed of that it aint working, thnx =]

i have also set my options 2 5.1 on the control pannel but still no change, i previously had an onboard sound card but iv just left it in and installed the drivers for this sound card.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

You may want to remove the 5.1 sound card and drivers, then
uninstall the drivers for onboard sound. It may be a good idea
to run a reg cleaner after uninstalling all sound drivers.
Disable the on board sound in the bios and Re-install the sound card,
boot into windows and install the sound card drivers.
Let us know how things workout.

G'Luck

Have you tried playing any surround material? Like a DVD. It's the default with most Soundcards now to play stereo sources as just that, stereo.

Have you tested on any games or anything? Because if your only using something like winamp there are some settings that need to be changed before you will be able to get th rear speakers working. So test out a game or something. If your using winamp what you need to do is open your winamp and go to Options > preferences > go to output (on the left) > double click on Directsound output and on the slide down bar set it to creative (or w/e your sound card is), then check hardware acceleration at the bottom and apply the changes..restart your winamp and give it another try. hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back