5.1 surround sound reverts to 2.1 after restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

kk so my gf's surround sound works and all but everytime she restarts/shutdown, the settings go back to 2.1 which is annoying cuz my gf turns off her PC everynight.

ASUS P4SD-LA
Realtek AC'97 a3.81 driver
Creative Inspire T5400
Windows XP Pro SP2

i have reinstalled and installed the latest audio drivers.
any other ideas?

truflip said:
kk so my gf's surround sound works and all but everytime she restarts/shutdown, the settings go back to 2.1 which is annoying cuz my gf turns off her PC everynight.

ASUS P4SD-LA
Realtek AC'97 a3.81 driver
Creative Inspire T5400
Windows XP Pro SP2

i have reinstalled and installed the latest audio drivers.
any other ideas?
when you mean "settings" do you mean windows settings or the software that came with the sound card?
do you have the windows audio speaker near the clock?
double click on it
if u do go to options--->select advanced controls
go to options again--->make sure advanced controls is checked marked--->select properties---->you should see 'playback', 'recording' and 'other'--->select 'other' and hit ok---> you should see 4 volume controls 'front' 'center' 'subwoofer' and 'rear'--->select 'advanced' on the subwoofer volume--->click 'enable 5.1 magic' and then ok...close all volume control windows and restart

nah i dont have advanced controls through the volume properties on the taskbar (where the clock is)
its an onboard soundcard. and its driven by a realtek driver. so the only way to change settings and such is through control panel and Sound Manager. thats where i set everything up including the setting to 5.1 surround sound.

the problems seems to be in the software because it does not save the settings. after a restart, it goes back to normal 2.1 (default)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back