500GB Kaser Storage Vault slow transfer speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 500gb kaser storage vault and its usb2 compatable but i only get usb1 transfer speeds. I have sp3 installed, I've updated drivers for the drive, i installed a new usb2 driver, i made sure the usb2 setting in the bios was on, i've uninstalled all my usb devices and restarted my computer with them plugged in, i have an inhanced usb controller but whatever port i plug into it says high speed device plugged into a nonhigh speed port. Im stuck and have nowhere else to turn. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously you are plugging it into a USB 2 port on your computer?
Some older computers only had USB2 at the back, and USB1.1 at the front

Actually do this:

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

i dont know what brand it is (i think its custom) but i have a asrock 775vm8 motherboard intel pentium 4 2.66gh processor 1.25gb of ram

sorry i ment i do have sp3 and i have updated some drivers recently, but if you think there are specific ones i should update please tell me.

no matter what port i plug into it says high speed device plugged into a nonhigh speed port. and on the website for my motherboard it says i should have 6 ready to use usb2 ports. so im pretty lost.

Oh yeah I mean 6 USB2 ports

Actually try this:

Remove the 256Meg Ram card (only keeping the 1Gig in there (even if they are 512Meg cards x 2 or not)

Then Reset you Bios Settings
You should see a message like press "DEL" (or some other key) when first turning on your computer
Press that key to get into Bios Setup
Locate setup defaults (may be termed slightly differently)
Apply it
Then save and exit

Check in Windows again for USB2 functionality

I removed the 256 ram card keeping only the 1gb card in, I reset the bios to its default and saved it, but it still didn't make a difference with the transfer speed. Do you think the device might be faulty? and just so you know the drive is formatted and theres nothing on it.

There have been incompatible USB parts before

But please confirm the drivers, and SP3 as well (details previous post, above)

Hey, that's a good idea

But those external drives are now laptop drives (ie the size) They use to be the same size as internal Harddries (just gone blank on the inches !)

Anyway, you could test that
It's probably Sata not IDE actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back