65NM AMD CPU at Newegg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought about it, its a pretty even race clock-wise now lol, 1.86Ghz (E63(2)0/E4300) vs. 1.9Ghz Athlon X2 3600+. They are both 65NM, how about some clock per clock ratios here, and performance per watt :) I have a felling of what would win :).

Hard swapup for me... especially since I just spent $120 on a new SLI motherboard, and $140 on new DDR1 RAM (that's all Canadian money). Oh well, I'm nowhere near the limits of socket 939 as far as CPU support. I can go all the way up to FX-60 so I'll be on 939 for a while to come. I'm probably gonna wait till Intel makes a new socket to replace LGA775 before I go off 939.

Lol, ten years later,
MetalX says "Im just waiting for DDR6, my DDR1 and 939 system is still runnin strong!"

This is great! I would consider this for my new Rig which I hope to get before spring. If I am to go the Dual Core way I still would go for one with a higher clock speed. Still I would go for the 65nm.

No, Core 2 Duo will be about 110$ by then, it would be a very dumb move, and the Core 2's still probably use less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back