6600GT Lines while playing games??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapperdan2005

HEllo, I have been experiencing problems with lines in games, BF2, Fear, ect. I have installed new drivers for my card, and no one seems to know what the problem is. The card is not heating up... and it is fine in windows.

My system is a ECS motherboard with P4 2.8 GHZ 800fsb, 1G of corsair ram, and the PNY GeForce 6600GT running on win XP, SP2
The case has a 350W power supply,

Any help here would be greatly appretiated

what brand name power supply. the power requirement for that card is A minimum 300W system power supply . depending on the brand and power supply your power supply may not actually pushing enough power. sounds like a power problem.

All I know is that its a 350W PS that came with my case I bought from American Computech, doesnt even have a name, but I ordered a 500W supply from outpost today, so well see soon if thats the problem, if not im at a loss......

I heard that the lines are acctually an option in the driver that you have to uncheck. so search around. i think it has somthing to do with showing how your card is running or the prefromance. idk. check it out

OK, after trying to fix this problem for months, I turnes out that it was the video driver..... I had installed the lates drivers a few times, but they never fixed the problem. I recently went on Guru3d.com and downloaded the lates forceware drivers for my 6600GT and they fixed the lines :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back