8 Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please find my logs attached. The red circle / white cross with the spyware warning seems to be gone, but Windows still warns me that it cant find protect.dll.

You are still running IE6. Upgrade to IE8. It is way more secure, and it just might keep you out of future trouble as long as you run Malwarebytes and you might want to try also downloading and installing and running Advanced SystemCare free

The red circle / white cross with the spyware warning seems to be gone, but Windows still warns me that it cant find protect.dll.

That would be what red circle with cross? Do you have a previous thread going here?

Are you familiar with the "KwinzySrch Service"? You have numerous malware infections. they will require additional programs to be run. There are no trained malware helpers on TechSpot temporarily, but I suggest you seek help in cleaning the system. One place is Tech-101.

If you decide to do that, please describe the problems you're having and follow the preliminary removal guide.

Edit: an upgrade to IE8 is not recommended at this time. Wait until the system is stable if you want to try it. It won't make a difference in the malware you already have.

Edit: one more: protect.dll is identified as Rootkit.Win32.Small.sy (and variants) [Kaspersky Lab], Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.aoox (and variants)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back