865gbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLA!!
New to the forums!!
Okay, this is it..
I have a 865GBF, 512mb ram.. and a 3.0Ghz HT
Certain games like Counter-Strike, Warcraft does not work realy good with it..

let me tell you one thing.. my hard disk is all filled up.. have like 500mb free in the windows drive.. and the same thing in the rest all drive..

Whats the main problem for the game wokring very slow ?
CS works on 20FPS!!
3.0ghz is not bad enough , is it?

Your CPU ought to be able to handle those games fine, the bottleneck is elsewhere.

Having your HDD packed like that can definitely decrease system performance. You might want to consider installing another HDD, be it internal or external and storing all of your random media files there (music, movies, images etc), as well as installing more RAM. What VPU do you currently use?

Consider performing general maintenance on your current HDD. Keep anti-malware applications up to date. Run something along the lines of CCleaner and defragment your HDD once in a while. Run msconfig and disable unneeded applications/services (be sure you know what you're disabling before doing it).

What do you mean by VPU ?

So you mean, i should buy a new hard disk and more ram? say around 1 GB RAM

but dude.. insted of 1gb ram.. how about a 256gfx?

Yes, I'd invest in another 1GB-2GB of RAM and additional HDD. You can't supplement RAM with the memory dedicated to your VPU.

VPU = Visual Processing Unit, aka: Graphics Card, GPU, GFX Card, Video Card etc. Call it what you will...

I can't comment on whether or not you ought to upgrade your VPU because you haven't provided that information.

Oh. I forgot to mention it. I had a GFX Card (GeForce 4 MX4000 128MB) Now its not working. When i connect the card i dont get any display on the screen. So, i suppose its not working. I'm using the in-built graphics. I lost my motherboard CD (Intel 865GBF) So i downloaded Graphic Drivers from intel.com
Thats it.
So how about buying a GFX Card..? or should i go for 1gb ram. ?
Help please.
Thankx

You must have a minimum of 18% of the hard drive as free space, as a minimum, to run Counter-Strike and WarCraft... and at least 7 mb.

Welcome to the forum.
Add 2 gb ram about $50 and a HDD for another $50 and you are good to go.

Your GPU may be still good. If you don't have the driver disk down load one, install the card and boot the computer in safe mode, install driver and see if it work.

If it is broken, get a nice used one costs a fraction of the original price. That makes lot of different. Let us know how things going.

I have a spare 20GB HDD.. but it does not work.. whenever i copy anything to that drive.. PC FREEZES.. i tried low level formating it.. did not work..

and i cannot use the gfx card..
when i connect it.. i dont get any display on the monitor..
so how do i go 2 the save mode.. :(

Start window in safe mode:.

* Restart the computer.
* Just after the POST diagnostics and memory count, start pressing (taping) the F8 key. If you tap it too early it may say " keyboard error", so.....
* On the Startup Menu, choose Safe Mode

Dude, read the post properly! I said, i cant go to the safe mode because when i put the GFX CARD into the AGP SLOT.. I dont see anything on the monitor. I guess the monitor doesnt start. The monitor light keeps blinking and not constant.

Ahh.. dont take me wrong mate.. i'm just trying to show you what i already wrote. You people didnt get it. Dont take me wrong. Sorry :(

The reason you try the card in <SAFE MODE> is that it will usually work on lowest resolution in safe mode... you should get something on the screen.
The fact that it does not is an indication that the video graphics card is bad, or the socket is bad, or the monitor is bad, or there is some other hardware problem...
Not always, but usually.
But I do not think your explanation was appropriate, or a helpful explanation, nor that you read all the posts. It appears you have two problems... a video graphics problem, and a hard drive that has inadequate free space.

Oh. I forgot to mention it. I had a GFX Card (GeForce 4 MX4000 128MB) Now its not working. When i connect the card i dont get any display on the screen. So, i suppose its not working. I'm using the in-built graphics. I lost my motherboard CD (Intel 865GBF) So i downloaded Graphic Drivers from intel.com
Thats it.

If you have an alternate VPU to access Safe Mode with, do so. Uninstall the problematic VPU's drivers. Reboot, switch back to the problematic VPU and boot into Safe Mode. Install the new drivers.

OMG THANKX ALOT! My GeForce 4 MX 4000 is now working!!!
thankx a lot.. after a long time.. i put the agp card in the slot.. and i got the display.. i quickly went on safemode and installed the drivers.. its working properly but when i start any game.. the gfx are very bad.. rather i cant see anything.. its all jumbled up! is there any problem in the agp slot? if yes, will i get a new agp slot for my motherboard (intel 865gbf)
helpp help

hrish90 said:
OMG THANKX ALOT! My GeForce 4 MX 4000 is now working!!!
thankx a lot.. after a long time.. i put the agp card in the slot.. and i got the display.. i quickly went on safemode and installed the drivers.. its working properly but when i start any game.. the gfx are very bad.. rather i cant see anything.. its all jumbled up! is there any problem in the agp slot? if yes, will i get a new agp slot for my motherboard (intel 865gbf)
helpp help

Did you install the latest version of drivers released by NVida? Check/download them here.

Could be the GeForce MX 4000, as they are fragile beasts, but likely the problem is in the drivers. If the first download doesn't work, go back to their previously issued download.

When i first installed my AGP card today. The screen wasnt proper (jumbled up)
4bit colour mode. Then i went to safe mode.. installed the latest drivers from nvidia.com after installing the drivers.. i had 32bit but later when i started my game.. the graphic was again jumbled up. The connection was kinda loose. Was playing with the wire for a little while and BOOM, its proper now! Thankx alot guys ! Realy appreciate your help! But this GFX Card is not good enough. I might need a 1gb ram.

Figger out your problem, for sure, before you change graphics cards.
You will not see much difference betwee a 1 GB card and a 512 mb card, or even a 256 mb card... but you could see a big difference in drivers.

Yeah its solved. But i'm not happy with the GeForce MX 4000 Performance. Can anyone suggest me a nice gamer card? not expensive though
Heard FX 5200 is kinda good..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back