Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 8800GTS, I will give you my specs,

CPU: intel E6600 @stock speed
Ram: 2Gb
HD 1: 150Gb 10,000rpm raptor
HD 2: 80Gb 7,200rpm
and power supply is: 550 watt Antec neo-HE

I would recommend Antec, from my research after building my computer, they turned out to be the best.
You will most probably be able to do it, but if you decide on SLI, you WILL need to get a better PSU

really does depend on what u have installed on your system. The more you have installed the less likely that psu will work. If you don't have a lot of stuff installed then that psu could work provided its a good quality name brand like antec.

Aolish said:
really does depend on what u have installed on your system. The more you have installed the less likely that psu will work. If you don't have a lot of stuff installed then that psu could work provided its a good quality name brand like antec.

I have a 232 gb hd and a 35gb hd. My processor is 2.13ghz dual core. 1.97gb of RAM. I have a 450w delta electronics psu. I'm looking at the requirements for a 8800 gts and it says that you need a 12v rail with 26a on it. What does this mean? What would my psu have to use it? My PSU has two 12v rails with 16a and 14a but one of them(I think) is the 24 pin main connector and the other one is the cpu connector. Do the 12vs have to be the connectors that connect directly into the card?

Scratch that last question I figured it out. I have another one though. Do graphics cards that need additional power have a port to plug them in? OR does the motherboard need one?

The graphics card will have the power connector or connectors. That said, the motherboard does have its share of power connectors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back