8800 GTX or Duel 8800 GTS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_84

I am thinking of buying a new computer but the question I have is, Should I get 1 8800 gtx video card or duel 8800 gts which is cheaper than 1 8800 gtx?

Please let me know making the right decision.
If duel 8800 gts is better than I don't understand why it is cheaper than 1 8800 gtx video card!!

Thanks for help

1 GTX is better by a mile, you wont have to worry about dodgy SLI drivers, and you can always add another GTX in the future, whereas with 2 GTS's you have to replace both cards when you come to upgrade.

Well idk about nickc's sources, but I know that isn't true. Anyway, it depends on which GTS your talking about. The "640MB" version, (where 2 of these are more expensive than 1 GTX), or the "320MB" version, (where 2 are the same price as 1 GTX). The 2 "640MB GTS's" preform better than 1 GTX in most cases, and sometimes the "320MB" Version does as well. But it's always different in different situations. What you need to do is look at various websites like this one, or AnAndTech, or even Gamespot to find out which preform better for your games... but good luck.

But I'd suggest the GTX, cause 2 dominate

I think I will just go with 1 gtx for now and than later if I want to add another 8800 gtx, I can add it and it will be much better.

good choice dennis, dont listen to those who say 2 GTS's who outperform 2 GTX's, i mean what the hell, 2x £180 cards outperforming 2x £350? Don't think so mate.

Ya really don't think that there are that many games you would even need two gts for now but later when you do its a much easier updrage to just buy another gtx and it is less heat, less noise and less stress on your power supply.

yes gtx is more powerful than gts on any playing fields. Currently there is no cpu that wont hold back the gtx in sli. The gts' full potential isnt help back unlike its big brother.

Denis the gtx sounds good. That's the same thing I did, goodluck with that card.

One GTX would be way easier on your PSU and ambient temps. It would provide fantastic performance as well. Two SLI GTSs will just need more power and will heat up things in your case more. So you'll end up spending more on cooling and a new PSU.

It may look cool to look inside your case and see the expansion slots filled by two gigantic extremely powerful videocards, but it's better to have one slightly more powerful one.

That way, there's less pressure on the PSU and cooling, as Rage_3k said, and you can always add another one later.

Thanks for help guys. you guys are great.
Finally I bought 1 8800 gtx. because for now, 1 gtx is enough to play all the games that are coming out. In a future, even If I need another card I have an extra pcie slot available to duel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back