953BW Samsung text is blurry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet123

Recently bought this monitor and when I try to set it to its 1440x900 native resolution the text is very difficult to read in that it is grainy. I have to set it to a lower resolution but in doing so the text isn't quite crisp. Do I need a new graphics card? My current one is a Radeon X300 with 128 MB. Thanks in advance.
BTW, I have updated the drivers for my current card but it didn't seem to help.

I would upgrade my graphics card anyways in order to run that native resolution, you'd get better performance all around. 1440 x 900 is pretty demanding for an older card with only 128 megs of vRAM. The picture might look "grainy" because the card doesn't support that pixel aspect ratio or something. A more high-end desktop video card is likely to resolve your issue.

Thank you for the quick reply. That was just as I suspected. I can get hold of a GeForce 6200 with 256 Mb. Would that do the trick? Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that for the native 1440x900 and the text still looks grainy. This, however, vastly improves the text at the lower 1280x720, however it is still not as crisp as I think it should be (I use my monitor at work as a reference).

You can try changing the font for the windows screens - right click desktop screen, Properties, appearance, advanced - left click the upper box - usually Tahoma default try Sylfaen.

Are you using DVI or VGA? If VGA you can expect it to not be as crisp as you've seen other people's LCDs. That x300 should be perfectly fine at that resolution for desktop stuff. I had one in a computer one time and had no issues.

Are you using DVI or VGA? If VGA you can expect it to not be as crisp as you've seen other people's LCDs. That x300 should be perfectly fine at that resolution for desktop stuff. I had one in a computer one time and had no issues.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is VGA and the one at work is DVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back