I can't open my Altec Lansing ATP3 speaker

I'm trying to open the right speaker because I think there's something wrong with the power/volume switch. Does anyone know how to open it?

If you can't find any screws (they may be hidden), you might have to gently pry the enclosure apart. Sometimes the enclosures are glued

Let me rephrase. Does anyone know the SPECIFIC way to get MY speaker open? I know I'm brand new on here, but This was just what I was expecting. The most general answer in the world! Thanks a lot buddy but There are no screws and I"m pretty sure it is glued, but I asked a question about a specific model, so if you don't have any information about that model why are you wasting everyone's time and confirming skepticisms that I had coming into this?

P.S. My little sister could have told me that.

Trying to Fix these Speakers, is Like Asking a Ten Dollar Hooker to Marry You....

The best thing to do with this 10 dollar plastic garbage, is set it on the floor, then smack it several times with a large hammer. That should "facilitate", your "entry" into the spacious 6 cubic inch enclosure.

It was made to be disposable, that's why they glued it together in the first place.

Now run along, take your Ritalin, and save your little tirade for someone more inclined to put up with it. I'm sure you thought that remark about your sister was terribly clever, but in the process, you tacitly admitted she was smarter than you.

You've just made your third post. For the benefit of all concerned, let's agree to consider that strike three.

And yes, this is why my screen name is "captaincranky", I say this so that you won't feel obligated to make post 4, by stating the patently obvious.

Oh BTW, don't forget to recycle! Look for the triangle on the bottom to determine what class of plastic they are. We'd hate to have you throwing them in the trash all willy-nilly.

With that kind of attitude while asking for help from people who volunteer their time to help brats like yourself. I have a suggestion about what you can do with your Altec...but I'm not sure its anatomically possible.

Never Send in a Gerbil, to do a Loudspeaker's Job.....

With that kind of attitude while asking for help from people who volunteer their time to help brats like yourself. I have a suggestion about what you can do with your Altec...but I'm not sure its anatomically possible.

I have two words for you sir....KY

Let me rephrase. Does anyone know the SPECIFIC way to get MY speaker open? I know I'm brand new on here, but This was just what I was expecting.
Despite being "brand new here", trust me, the novelty of you wears off rapidly.

Let me offer you some solace during your period of of grief, as these venerable cheap plastic wonders are laid to rest, with the words of the immortal, "Bard of Avon"..

"Parting is such sweet sorrow".... (Romeo and Juliette)

"O death where is thy sting"? (Hamlet)

"Now is the Winter of our discontent"! (Richard the 3rd)

Hi, its very simple to open it up. First, you have ready a flat and thin screwdriver and covered it up with cloth (to avoid scratch on the speaker). Then you can open the right speaker from the side of the speaker; start the opening point from the volume knob side. Next, slowly push in your screwdriver and move along the side up and down; repeating the same process in the other side. Finally, you can open up the front cover. You can use electronic spray cleaning washer to clean your volume knob; spraying the holes around the knob and twisting it for several times. It will be fine just like the new before. Hope this may help.

Consider the source and just stop responding - - just let the noise level die of it's own weight.

To open the AVS 300 model,I simply heated a small knife on a stove and cut out a small square portion from the back of the housing.This leaves the circuit board exposed enough to work on.After repairs, just glue back the cut out portion .I used slicone.The heated knife tip cut the plastic amazingly fast and neat.

Hey guys I got the same problem. every inch of the speaker is covered without showing any screws. I was thinking I could take off the front end because it looks like the only part that is removable. however if theres another way that would not break it. I gratefully ask for your assistants.

ps. just to make sure this is the speaker that im having problems with
altec00.jpg

Back