A few temperature questions (PSU, Motherboard, CPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranq

Intel Prescott (LGA775) 550 3.4 ghz w/ Zalman CNPS 7000B LED cpu cooler
EPoX EP-5EPA+ (mobo)
Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro PCI-e
Antec TruePower 2.0 550 (1x 120mm fan version)

Ok. Ive just REBUILT a computer that i had many problems with. Most things seem to be fine. It's a little hot today...about 75 degrees fahrenheit outside. anyway i dont have air conditioning...and here are my temps idle CPU: 38C
Motherboard: 37C GPU: 48C

My power supply is a LITTLE bit worriesome. it's fine in the comp's idle state but on load (such as in half life 2)...it does get quite hot. I heard that it's a huge problem if it's too hot to touch. This isn't the case with me. It gets at a slightly "uncomfortable" heat level... as in i could keep my hand on it for as long as i wanted but it's just hot. I'm guessing...judging by my GPU temp and it's feel about 55 C maybe? on the top of the PSU. maybe it's because it's 550w and my comp needs a lot of power? i dont know. i have 1x 120mm blue led Thermaltake intake fan on the front of my case. 1x 80mm LED fan on the window. 1x normal 120mm fan on the back(exhaust) and a pci slot blower.

Thanks in advance.

ok that's good to know...i think i used to have problems because i was using a very crappy molex to pci-e adapter and for some reason the video card was sucking too much power...whatever though...also...for some reason...when in INTENSE gameplay my cpu goes to around 57C im pretty sure it will go lower as my arctic silver breaks in...but i just wonder why it would go so high from a relatively low idle temp

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. It might be you are pushing the limits of your power supply. When you use your computer, you're drawing wattage and it will get hotter because of the load. A power supply with ample drawing power will not get much hotter than when it is not drawing a load. Lights draw little current. Your power monsters are hard drives, motherboard, and CPU/GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back