A lot of BSOD vista ultimate x64 most of them 0x7f

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
I'm running vista x64 ultimate and getting a bsod every few minutes/hours
I couldn't find the cause so I tried just turning on my computer without network connections and it worked for 3 days without a crash
then I connected it to the internet (cable) and several services stopped working after a few hours but still no BSOD or reboots
after 2 more days the computer got stuck (no bsod)
when using emule or utorrent the bsod's gets more often' so i believe it has something to do with the network connection / controlers. I downloaded the latest drivers to my network controler (marvell) and to my video card (gtx 260) i scanned my memory (6 GB) for 24 hours with no error.
please help
i attached the last minidump fil

Hi eliak,

Have looked at your mini dump files. Most of them specify a Vista driver as the cause, as you can see here.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: SearchProtocolH

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c16bd8 to fffff80002c61450

Have you overclocked your CPU at all? Also what did you use to check your memory, as some of the mini dumps came up with memory corruption.

Since you are using emule and utorrent, I would suggest getting the Malware team to have a look at your system,P2P programs can be a very easy way to collect junk. You may find this guide a good read :)

more information

hi, thanx for your time and for your reply
my system is not overclocked, checked memory with memtest 86+ for almost 24 hours
have kspersky a/v running constantly and updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back