Abebot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

i've just been infecected by the Abebot TroganDownloader.xs windows\wml.exe virus. I ran Norton, ran a scan with adAware and just downloaded and and ran hiackthis. I'veattache the log. As i've been browsing through past threads, it's all very daunting. Please help!

Abebot help ...

I've just did an MBAM scan as well and I've tried to install and run combofix (since i saw others given this advice) but before i ran it, it gave me a message that read 1 out of 100 computers fail.... I aborted. So, thus far, I've done a norton scan, an adaware scan, a hijack this scan (twice) and mbam scan. I'm trying to attach the mbam and latest hijack scan, but I can't seem to find the mbam log?? Yikes! Shall I do another scan?

Thanks!

Go ahead and run combofix

Attach MBAM
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Blind Dragon, you're the best!

My computer seems to be much, much better. I did two MBAMs and both times it found some trogandownloader goods which I removed. I haven't had a popup since. Am I experiencing false safety? What does combofix do?

Thanks!

Combofix will give me a deeper look into your system

I can also put together a script for you to remove parts of the infection not found by current definitions

Just follow these instructions exactly

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back