Right Where do I start...

OK I have Windows XP SP2 installed on
P4 2.8GHz Intel Pentium 4
768MB RAM
I had to rebuild the PC the other day and I have a Drive that has two partitons

C: is 129GB
D: is 105GB

Problem

I had issues with my system so decided to rebuild the PC so thinking all my data on the D drive would be fine I decided to Zap the primary partiton and do a reinstall of XP.

So when I installed XP from a clean build I saw I had a D drive but the lable was in hiroglyphics and it could not access the dirve.
I tried to use Partiotion Magic 8 to see if I could access it it did not play ball.
Hmm Yep you guessed it I appeared to have lost the extended partion and logical drive. OK so decided to format the logical drive but I seem to have problems with very slow acces to the drive and at one point lost all the data on it that I subsequently put on it.

So I decided to use XP snamp in for MMC disk manager and delete the drive and partition then recreate it again.
Fairly striaght forward yes ?

Well it was then I placed files on it and apart from MP3 files I seem to have issues where I cannot open install packages and the file window freezes and even my system seems to just die.

I am wondering if I have messed the partiton up and was wondering if I could just either try and recover the disk or use some utility to wipe the partition and start again but in hope that the disk is working fine.
as mentioned earlier I did delete the drive and partition and recreate it but it seems to have died again. The Primary partition seems to work fine and its the same phyiscal disk.

Also I have used Partiton Magic 8 too so I wonder if this is resolvable.

I wonder is there a way I can recover the Drive (D) and its data easly ?
I have Acronis Disk Drector Suite 10 and wonder if this can help reslove my issues.

Worst case scanario How can I just put my Disk back to a single partion as if it was never used then restart again if needed.

I do hope this can be resoved with minimal issues as I dont want to go through installing the OS again and all the apps.

Thanks again from a vey frustrated user who I suppose should know better what do they say a little knowledge is deadly....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back