Accessing printer on different subnetwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

Accessing printer on different subnets

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic23033.html

Hi

I have got this scenario Netgear CG814WG cable wireless modem connected (does not have VPN feature) to a VPN router (Netgear FSV318)

Cable wireless modem on 10.10.0.1 and its LAN ip address are : 10.10.0.30/24-10.10.0.100/24 (DHCP range) ,,,,one of its LAN ports (4 ports) is connected to VPN router (Netgear FSV318).

WAN port for VPN router (Netgear FSV318) is 10.10.0.20 , and its gateway address is 10.10.0.1

LAN (8 ports) ip addresses for VPN router (Netgear FSV318) are DHCP range : 192.168.0.30/24 - 192.168.0.100/24.

HP printers (startic address 192.168.0.23) and Desktop (dynamic address) are connected to VPN router (Netgear FSV318).

Laptop is connected wirelessly (not wired) to the cable wireless modem,,,,,,,,,,,,,means laptop has an ip address of type 10.10.0.x,,,,wireless it has to have ip address of type 10.10.0.x

The reason I have this setting because cable wireless modem, does not have VPN capabilities unlike Netgear FSV318.

How can I connect my laptop to the printer ?

How can I share folders on my desktop with laptop ?

Note: I can not set Cable wireless modem to bridge mode.

Thanks

This is a VPN issue. BY DESIGN, the VPN will take over the default route and send everything (browser, email and share access) to the remote VPN server.

This is done to protect the VPN server environment from the local host being accessed via one of it's shares or other NIC card.

NO! My experience has been the VPN captures the default route only while connected and it reverts to normal as soon as you disconnect from the remote connection.

Suggest, 1) uninstall the VPN, 2) get your printer access solved and then 3) reinstall the VPN

Suggest, 1) uninstall the VPN, 2) get your printer access solved and then 3) reinstall the VPN
VPN has not been configured yet , I am planning to configre that , but I have not touch it yet.

I have just hooked the VPN router then I expierenced the printer problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back