Acer X203W problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

Ok, Techspot, I'm here for help on more than one level. I have an Aunt who bought an Acer Desktop last year, and it came with the following:

Ram: 3GB
GPU: X1200 Integrated
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

And the problem:
Monitor: X203W

Since day 1, the monitor has had an annoying little problem. Everytime they turn the monitor off/on (or it goes into standby) it wants to go black for about 1-2 seconds, like a flash, and come back to normal, but it does it over and over for about 2 minutes, on and off. I have updated the drivers and done all Windows updates. I have no clue what it could be aside from a software or monitor issue, but I don't see any events that pertains to this in the Even Viewer. I have a feeling it's the monitor since it's done it since day one.
Also, it usually only does it when opening IE (worst) and Opera, or a few other programs. For some reason IE Is the worst about it.
After I open IE about 10 times, it stops, though...

BTW, I put AVAST! on it for them when they first got it, so I doubt it's a virus, but I'm running a scan now, just in case.

Props to the person that helps me, this is getting really annoying.

Also, Acer's tech support.... sucks. I called them and you could not understand anything the woman was saying (and I'm used to the accent), and the other 2 people weren't much different. They said I should try reformatting before anything else... :/

yea try a different monitor if you have one and see if it works normally. i ran into a similar problem with my VX922 recently and it turned out to be the inverter board inside the monitor itself, broken/defective. turns out the units are notorious for crapping out over time. may be consistent with the problem you are facing with the acer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back