Acrylic vs static discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got my new acrylic casing, but im pretty worried about static electricity being discharged internally. i heard theres this conductive spray that can help to conduct and then discharge static away from sensitive hardware like the hard disk and motherboard, but are there other alternatives to preventing static?

also, how can i prevent handphones and the like from discharging energy fields that might possibly disrupt my hardware?

I've yet to damage hardware from electricity.

I've personally dabbled in at least a couple of thousand of systems in the past several years - I've even zapped electronics directly with a noticeable shock - But they still worked fine afterward.

Static electricity a myth? I'm sure it isn't, but I've yet to prove it.

Well, the point is don't live in fear of static electricity. It won't hurt to take precautions, but if you are going to extreme measures to make sure your system is static free, I'm not sure they can be justified.

I'm no electronics engineer (there are those who are, on this forum however :)), but the ground wire which is connected to your power supply should take the brunt of most if any shocks.

I could be totally mistaken on that, but that's what I've convinced myself from what little I do understand about electricity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back