Add/Remove Problem (Norton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

}{yBr!D^

I'm having problems trying to remove NIS 2005... I tried to remove it a while back but the lights went out in the process... so now I can't get rid of it. How would I go by removing it from the add and remove list and the remaining files in the PC? (registry.)

try starting the norton setup. there should be an option to repair. once repaired the installation you can fully uninstall it.. if not you could manually delete norton and then get a program like registry mechanic to sort out your registry for you.

Well, I tried that repair thing but when the autostart pop's out and i click on the installation link it just went away and didn't do anything.

If there is any NIS symbol in the system tray, rightclick on it and exit the program(s).
Use Explorer to do a file/directory search, and delete any and all directories with names like NAV, NIS, Symantec and Norton.
Go into Regedit and make a full backup.
Start a Find Norton and after that a Find Symantec.
Delete any keys you find. Press F3 for the next find. It's a tedious job (especially the CLSIDs), which will take you the better part of an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back