Adding wireless network capability to wired router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammo

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a wireless add on to a 4 port cable/dsl gateway router so that I can access the internet on my laptop through wireless connection using my existing network setup (wired). It is a Belkin gateway router. Hope someone can advise. Thanks.

Ammo

You might check the company to see if they have an add-on but more than likely you have to buy a modem with a wireless gateway or go buy a wireless access point. What is the model of the modem?

Did you just buy the router? If so take it back and exchange it for a wireless router. But if not more than likely you will have to buy a wireless router or access point. I doubt they make a add on. But like fastco said belkin is good.

TypeX45 said:
Did you just buy the router? If so take it back and exchange it for a wireless router. But if not more than likely you will have to buy a wireless router or access point. I doubt they make a add on. But like fastco said belkin is good.

Hi TypeX45,

Nope, had this one a while now. Looks like I am going to be investing in a Belkin wireless router then just keep the existing wired network as it will have 4 ports. Thanks Fastco!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back