Advent graphic problems? Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought myself a new laptop. Advent 5544.

Specs:
Intel celeron dual core T1500 1.87Ghz with 2GIG DDR2 RAM And a integrated Sis mirage 3 graphic card with the latest drivers cordin' to the included update system.

Running lame Windows vista basic edition. (32bit os)

The deal is that according to systemrequirementlabs.com i could run Left 4 dead (uses the valve source engine. )

But i can't even play Half-life 1 without texture problems, or Muonline a mmorpg that requires only 400MHZ with 256mb ddr1 ram and a 64mb g card.

Lags occour when playing "peggle extreme" aswell wich is a 2d game.
My old laptop a Dell latitude from 2003 (1.0Ghz 256mb ram runs muonline even smoother them my new one)

So my question is really simple: Why isn't it working? I've installed directx, got shader 2.0 aswell since mirage 3 has that function.

I should atleast be able to play games from 2006 and below since my mother in laws new laptop (1.7 ghz single core 2gig ram) Can handle max payne 1,2 smoothly.

The pc isn't bought for gaming purposes in the first place but it's really annoying that i can't relax for some old school half life 1.

IF you need more details or if i forgot something, dont hesitate to ask i will be watching this thread every 5 to 10 minutes.

Thank you in advanced / andreas

i run avast anti virus. the pc is clean installed from the pc store so i doubt cc cleaner is required. thanks for the reply

Ok done, no changes in hl1 but after changing from openGL to software hl1 works. Note that i use vista basic. I also did a dxdiag in cmd and it told me i used DirectX 10. "Peggle extreme" still lags. It uses less specs then HL, might i miss sth?

sorry for duoublle post, just to make sure everyone notice it, but i did some thinking, i went into peggle extreme, option and un marked "3d acceleration" now that game works aswell without any problems and with full graphics.

Anythoughts? lol

Im sorry to go a bit off topic but.
I have an advent 5544 i formatted due to excessive virus and hack attacks and didnt get to backup the drivers.
Now i cant fint the wlan drivers on the internet.
Does anyone have them or just have the chip name of the wlan card?
I beg you please answer me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back