1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

[ADVICE NEEDED] Contact facebook

By DjKraid
Feb 27, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. TLDR - I can't access my old personal fb account, phone got f:ed, number got changed (old sim got locked) and so on...same reason why I lost access to HF for a while...anyhow, I have sent facebook a pick of my drivers license, a pic of me holding a damn code (different each time) but they won't do jack **** to resolve the issue (disabling the 2-step auth.).
    My plan is to pull some GDPR **** on them but I can't find anything else than contact forms that just get ignored. Any advice on this?

2. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 546   +29

Finally got a someone over at Facebook to do what I wanted them to do. I had made a few public posts (like this one) and since there was no reply on anything I thought that why the hell wouldn't I try a 4th time to request access. I used an old pic (same as I had previously sent to them) of my drivers license and wrote a shorter version of my request and in the end literally said that "If you don't reply or do anything that I request here you'll have your hands full with GDPR related issues." after which I listed all the threads that posts that I have made related to this issue.

Short version, Facebook seems to be somewhat scared of any GDPR related investigations they might provoke one way or an other.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...